Wednesday, April 8, 2020

My Typical Dinner

My dinner is usually with simple dishes and rice...
My parents are the conventional type, they MUST HAVE RICE as staple food, otherwise it is not considered as a meal, especially for dinner...
*Noodle is not considered as a staple for them
The dishes that we have must be bland, not spicy, no seafood (coz the-head-of-the-family is allergic to seafood except for certain types of fish), no-other-type-of-cuisine-except-Chinese.
Hence, it's rare for us to have bread, ham, bacon or oatmeal as a staple meal. Even eating KFC or roasted chicken must comes with rice for dad.
Anyway, here's our dinner on last Saturday - green amaranth soup with 2 dishes.
 The laksa utara (given by our neighbour) was shared among 3 of us. 
Steamed fish tail
 Steamed minced pork
BON APPETIT!

5 comments:

Twilight Man said...

I am just like your parents and must eat rice as often as I could.

Your laksa utara opened my eyes and mouth! Saliva drips......tik tik tik

mun said...

Good what. Got yummy mother's cooked meals to eat for every meal. The other generation mostly is like that. My father in law is like that too but he is not supposed to eat lot of rice for health reasons.

Rose world said...

Asian parents, can't do without rice.

Steamed fish and mince are very healthy.

PH said...

Very traditional Chinese mus have rice. My partner is like that too. You dinner may look simple but I would have that rather than KFC hah..hah...

Libby said...

You eat very well. Steamed fish and minced meat patty look good.

Pie in the Sky @ Skytropolis Genting Highlands

A pizza shop in Skytropolis. This is a hidden spot at the indoor theme park which no one notices, unless you happen to queue there for the r...