Friday, October 6, 2023

Ichiren No Tamashi @ Alison Kopitiam, Sri Petaling

Another foodie bucket list checked!
Since last year, I have been hearing alot about this neighbourhood curry omurice.
As it is not easy to get a parking there, i decided to KIV. The waiting time is quite long too, so would have to go during the non-peak hour, preferably on a weekday. It is a roadside stall situated in front of Alison kopitiam, with outdoor seatings. The stall opens from 3:30pm till 10pm, operated by a family of 3. The father does the frying, the mother is the cashier and delivers food to the table, and the son prepares/cooks the egg.
[Below] The cross section of the rice, hidden beneath the omu egg. The egg has slight milky/margarine taste which is similar to custard egg. The curry has cubes of carrots and potatoes, just like any ordinary Japanese curry. The chicken katsu cutlet is slightly bigger than my palm, nicely coated and deep fried well. For RM12, this is an affordable Japanese curry omurice, although nothing to shout about.
I went there before 6pm and waited for a good 20 minutes.
~~~~~~~~
My first time trying Family Mart oden, despite always go there for the sofuto and buns.
I had a crab fishcake (RM2), stuffed scallop roll (can't remember the exact name, RM0.90) and a daikon (RM2.50) in tom yum soup (RM2).
In total RM7.40 nett for this oden bowl.
taste OK, but i prefer to DIY next time. After all, when it is home cooked, can dump in anything I like.
~~~~~~~~
After the spicy bowl of tom yum oden, I went to CU mart for the vanilla softserve.
RM3nett. Taste OK-la, passable.
~~~~~~~~
Chili pan mee, my once-in-a-year fix...but this year, I already had twice!
It costs RM12.50nett at Super Kitchen Chili Pan Mee restaurant.
many years ago (when it was first introduced to the market), it was just RM7!
~~~~~~~~
'Just Fruits' shop selling cut fruits with RM10 for 4 packs.
There are various types of fruits to choose from, even rambutans!
This is good for lazy people like me who is too lazy to cut fruits/peel skins.
Would you buy?

2 comments:

PH said...

I used to buy ready cut fruits because it is so convenient though my partner is not so confident on the hygiene issues. I am sure they do it hygienically. I still have not tried oden. It seems to be very popular and at Family Mart I noticed they have a dedicated counter for that.

mun said...

I bought Just Fruits readycut fruits before. Quality is ok. I will buy them again. Ah, so you finally tried the affordable omurice.

BBQ Barn @ Rockley, Barbados

One of the weekend we have to support users and the session ended around 11:50am. I was already hungry by then coz i woke up early and didn&...