Wednesday, October 25, 2023

XLL Malahotpot @ Pinnacle Sri Petaling

Continuing my food adventures in Pinnacle. This time i decided to try out the malahotpot.
This shop seems to be all over Klang Valley, from Cheras to Puchong to Kuchai Lama, PJ and Shah Alam.
So, since it is growing, the food must be good, right?
These type of malahotpot restaurants are mushrooming these days, must be due to Chinese mukbang show featuring people eating huge portion of super spicy food...crazy trend!
Anyway, I just walked in and ordered the set meal which is available from 11am to 5pm.
Usually, the customer to pick their own ingredients, weigh them and charged accordingly. But for set meal, the ingredients & portion are fixed.
So, as a first timer, i decided to go for a safer choice, let them fix the ingredients.
I had set meal A which is the vegetarian option. The ingredients are: brocolli, potato, lotus root, beancurd sheet, okra, enoki, beansheet, big soybean sprouts, mix veggie, and mu er.
You can choose to go with rice or noodles. I had it with noodles.
Next is to choose the spiciness level - I chose little spicy.
The set meal came with drink and refillable soup. I had buckwheat tea.
Price is RM22.90nett, which seems like a deal, and if you are a resident at Pinnacle condo, another 5% off total bill. I was shocked to see the huge portion of fried noodles served. I didn't expect that coz the menu there stated for 1 pax.
It has lotsa ingredients like a huge salad bowl. Instead of salad dressing and served cold, this was a total contrast with mala spicy sauce and served piping hot, fresh from the wok.
I was unprepared with the huge portion and did not manage to finish the food...This portion could easily feed 3 moderate eaters. I did not intend to tapao either coz i found it too oily and if kept in the container, the noodles will soak up all the oil...kinda jelak to eat. In fact, while eating i have to wash away the mala spice and oil by rinsing it with the free flow soup😂
[Below] Inside the restaurant. The soup & sauces counter in front of my table.
Personally, I don't think it is worth it despite the huge portion. There is some other restaurants out there that offers similar item with cheaper price and 'appropriate' portion😂

1 comment:

mun said...

Ah thank you for the review. I haven't tried any of the shops of this type mainly because I cannot tahan spicy food and the main point of this type of shops is their mala sauce. After reading your review, lagi confirm this shop is not for me.

BBQ Barn @ Rockley, Barbados

One of the weekend we have to support users and the session ended around 11:50am. I was already hungry by then coz i woke up early and didn&...