Monday, April 6, 2020

I finally went out on Day-19

 I finally went out for some grocery shopping on Day-19 MCO. That is because i need to 'warm up' my car. Running the engines itself does not help much in the long run so have to drive out. I drove to the nearby supermarket and park right in front of the building. At the entrance of the supermarket, there is a manned counter with a staff applying sanitizer to our hands and another checking our temperature with a contactless thermometer.
Everyone who went out these days wore mask, at least that's what i seen on the street and at shops. Although it is not a regulation, some shops forbid people from entering their premise without a face mask on. So, to be safe, just put on a face mask.
 my mom's wish list - get a lobak (white raddish)....So i head to the vegetables section to look for it. Glad to see that all the veggies are now wrapped up nicely in plastic wrapper, even the leafy greens are not left out. Good to prevent the virus from sticking on the fresh produces surface and easier to clean when brought back home. I quickly grab my items and left the place 20 minutes later.
There wasn't much shoppers on a Sunday evening, roughly 10 or less while i was there. First time to see no queue at all when paying at the counter. The entire shopping experience was a breeze, no long queue while getting in, no congested shopping area and no need to queue at the paying counter...phew~~relief!
I limit myself to a 30 minute outing, since i still have around 10 minutes left, i went across the street to get some kaya & cakes from a bakery shop.
Got back home on time. Not much cars on the street, and mostly were Grabfood and Foodpanda riders. The once busy area of the neighbourhood now seems deserted like a ghost town.
Back home - these colourful mess greeted me at the garden!
 hot and sunny weather but it turns cloudy in less than an hour. With sun and rains, the flowers and plants grew quite fast. I went to wash up my feet and arms before getting into the house. Wiped/cleaned all the items that i brought and bought and changed my clothes immediately after getting in. It's kinda tedious cleaning job after a short outing, but necessary as a prevention.
Meanwhile, these are the few items from the shopping haul by the 'head of family'. It was a few days ago. Yea, we practice 'bulk buying' so that we can minimise the number of outings to the shops/supermarkets.
The Mexican coffee bun (RM1.50) and the currypuffs (RM1.50 each) are mine ;-)

5 comments:

Nancy Chan said...

I write all the items I need in a list and just pick up all the items on the list, pay and quickly exit the place. Cleaning up is tedious. Wearing a mask is safer because we will never know whether the person next to us is infected or not.

PH said...

It is a nice break for you to go out grocery shopping even though very briefly. You managed to get two loaves of bread. I heard got shortage and when my partner last went out, bread shelves empty.

Love the colorful plants!

mun said...

wah, the store still opens, good. the head of family can go buy vege there but sri Petaling is red zone so a bit sked to go there. Good that you clean up well after getting back home. For the bread in the final photo, what do you use the wipe the plastic bag packaging of the Gardenia bread?

Libby said...

Now grocery shopping has become our leisure activity. Good to go out and relax a while, just make sure wear mask and keep a distance from the others.

Your plants look so colourful and beautiful.

Twilight Man said...

You are really a tortoise who could hibernate at home for days!! I have to sneak out every 2 days to run grocery excuses. My wife wants to padlock my legs.

Flying Fish @ Oistins, Barbados

Barbados is known as "the land of the flying fish" which is also a national symbol of the country. So, off we went to try this fis...