Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Air Dried Noodles, Laksa Utara & Currypuff

Here's another picture of my typical weekday lunch...
Air dried noodles in light soy sauce, oyster sauce and minimal dark soy sauce served with blanched choy sum and reheated frozen siu mai.
 On last Saturday, our Malay neighbour gave us a bowl of their homemade Laksa Utara. The family is from the northern states (Kedah, Penang) hence they are good in cooking northern specialties!
 We shared this during dinner, coz we still have our rice and dishes...
It has been ages since i last had Laksa Utara!
 For supper, i had AEON currypuff @RM1.50 each...
So yummy, and taste like IKEA currypuffs.
BON APPETIT!

6 comments:

Rose world said...

Havent try Laksa Utara but is it something like laksam??

Curry puff! I must try it. Of course when I go to Aeon and buy it.

mun said...

very tasty la your food. no need miss outside food cos mother's food is d besta!

Nancy Chan said...

I miss eating Malay style laksa and curry puffs. Your post makes me hungry. I better go cook dinner now. Take care and stay safe.

Libby said...

Miss eating curry puffs. Tried to avoid it as afraid of getting sore throat and cough, now crucial period, must make sure don't fall sick.

Twilight Man said...

I must head over to AEON tomorrow to check whether they are selling Laksa Utara! I want I want!

Nux V said...

Rose world: it is the northern states version of asam laksa.

Mun: yea, mum's food the best...*but I still miss fastfood…..

Nancy Chan: curry puffs can be bought from supermarket these days, so no need to miss them so much.

Libby: yea, must drink lotsa water & don't fall sick.

Twilight Man: the laksa utara was homemade by my neighbour...not AEON~~

Flying Fish @ Oistins, Barbados

Barbados is known as "the land of the flying fish" which is also a national symbol of the country. So, off we went to try this fis...