Monday, April 15, 2019

The Ame Soeur, Bukit Jalil

 I have been hearing a lot about this Victorian/French style restaurant, but have not thought of goin there as dining solo could be weird in this place.
Btw, Ame Soeur is a direct translation of soulmate in the French language!
 I finally got the chance when our team decided to have our team dinner at this classy yet elegant restaurant...
The interior is somewhat one-of-a-kind....at least in Malaysia...coz I dun get to see such extravagant Victorian theme restaurant that is so glaring with gold...
 This place is much like a gallery to me
 the decorative are so in detailed....
the atmosphere brought me back to the 18th century Victorian era...with the wall paintings, flowers bouquet, dining table and chairs
golden pillars and patterned wall
even the ceilings are not spare out
 the old fashion mirrors on the wall, next to the toilet
 and if u wonder how does the toilet looks like....u will be surprised to see a 'golden' toilet bowl
well, this place is so popular particularly of its gallery-like-interior, but the food was just so-so....
I had duck confit (RM48)
and a side dish - polenta (RM13), which comes with a cheese topping
overall a pleasant experience as service was good, just that the food is not up to my expectation as the duck confit was dry and tasteless.

4 comments:

Libby said...

Wow! Look at the interior! So extravagant! A pity the food was not up to standard.

mun said...

oh, so the duck was too dry for you. what about other dishes your friends had? nice or not? the decor is so ott. but since it is trying to replicate a luxury mansion at that olden period I guess it has to look like this.

Nux V said...

Libby: yea, the interior is impressive!

Mun: yea, their contractor and interior designer did a very good job, but not the kitchen chefs....lol!

Twilight Man said...

OMG!!! I cannot believe that there is such a classy European dining place at Bukit Jalil. I must give my wife a surprise dinner treat there. I will try to order safe and edible dishes. Lol

Pie in the Sky @ Skytropolis Genting Highlands

A pizza shop in Skytropolis. This is a hidden spot at the indoor theme park which no one notices, unless you happen to queue there for the r...