Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Miscellaneous

This post is so 'rojak' that I couldn't find a suitable title for it...
first it is about....
 nope, not the clothes, not into fashion or OOTD, but more on FOTD, where the 'F' stands for 'food' instead of 'friend'....
I had this kimchi ramen with assorted tempuras in Sakae Sushi (yes, I went to sushi restaurant to eat ramen and tempuras!)
We did not order any drinks (all of us being 'kiamsap'), and also because the drinks will come with 'hefty' 10% service charge and 6% ST...which is quite unreasonable.
Anyway, the kimchi ramen tastes OK, tempura was crispy and up to my expectation....The only thing that I wasn't satisfy was the long wait....coz I waited for almost 40 minutes for my food to arrive!
 our Friday leisure lunch became a 'quick lunch' as we have exceeded our lunch hour. Paid RM19.68 (inclusive of ST and services charge) for this ramen and I will never come back again (due to the slow service).
During the long wait, I managed to buy durian cheesetarts, yes the 'trio' again (to enjoy during the weekend). Brought these home and put them into fridge....It tastes heavenly....like real durians! *without the strong smell
Weekend passed so fast, and soon it was Monday again....to kill off Monday blues, had my 'happy meal'...not from McD but from a nearby stall just a few steps away from the office...
This stall opened recently and it sells various junks/snacks such as burgers, fried chicken, waffles, siu mai, corns (in cup) at a reasonable price.
I ordered a 'ramly' beef burger at RM3. It was overflowing with black pepper sauce, tastewise not-bad, can't expect much from a stall.
BON APPETIT!

9 comments:

mun said...

eh, I am stupid or what cos I cannot understand why you put a photo of the mustard colour blouse as photo 1 without any captions. My friend told me mustard colour is the colour of this year. so you bought this blouse?

mun said...

aha, I haven't bought the durian cheese tarts to try yet. maybe this sunday. no durian taste!? Then cannot call it durian tart la.

mun said...

Are sakae sushi outlets still around? I don't even notice whether the one at The Curve is still around or not. Now I just go to Sushi Zanmai and not any others sushi chains.

Nux V said...

Mun: wah, suddenly got so many comments from u...(1) lol, focus on the 'tag' not the baju. (2) it is durian cheesetart, so expect some cheesie taste too, not entirely durian. (3) yes, still around. My usual choice is still Sushi Zanmai, but my colleague wanna spend her Sakae sushi voucher for her sushi, so I just tag along.

Twilight Man said...

Gosh! I have totally forgotten the reasons I boycotted Sakae Sushi for so long! It was the long queue always to get a table at One-U outlet. The worst was the long waits like yours for the food. You guys work in the accounting dept, no wonder you are sharp to point out the 10% + 6% taxes! I wanna scream now!

Nux V said...

Twilight Man: many years ago, when there wasn't much choice for sushi outlets, long queues were a norm...but now...is memang unacceptable! LOL, we dun work in accounting dept, but in IT Fintech.

PH said...

To eat good ramen, you must go to those Japanese restaurants that specialize in ramen. At other places, not nice lah.

Rose world said...

Long time didn't go to Sakae. Mostly we go to Sushi King.

I don't like my burger to be too peppery and overpowering.

Nux V said...

PH: my fav ramen place is Menya ShishiDo and Goku Raku Ramen, but both are not within our office area.

Rose world: long time didn't go Sushi King...

Up To You Signature Kopitiam @ Sri Petaling

Growling stomach: Where to go for dinner today? Exhausted brain: I can't think much already, up to you lor.... OK, so i went to Up To Yo...