Wednesday, April 3, 2019

McD Loaded Fries

Went to McD for a late nite Fri dinner...
Was surprised that McD has a new item on the menu - 'Salted Egg Yolk Fries'!!!
So, wait no more...
I upgraded my normal fries to this 'loaded' version for RM2, just for the sake of trying out the 'salted egg' fries.
It came in a box (nice packaging...lol!) and the portion is equivalent to a 'large fries'.
I'm ok with the salted egg yolk sauce taste, but it was too little...wish they could put in more....
as for the mayonnaise, would be better without it (I didn't knw that they put this in, otherwise I would request to omit).
I saw from their website that the 'salted egg yolk sauce' was introduced since a month ago....
One of the video in this site even suggests to have the egg yolk sauce to go with the sundae (seriously?!)...
The salted egg yolk sauce is a seasonal thing, so go try it while stock lasts.

7 comments:

contact.ewew said...

There were a lot of bad reviews of this salted egg yolk fries, so I dare not try. >_<

PH said...

I like salted egg yolk in its original form and some of the creations with salted egg yolks are good while some are not to my liking. If I pass by McDonald's I might try it.

mun said...

oh, thanks for the review. I will go try and ask for no mayo cos mayo would definitely kacao the taste of salted egg yolk.

Small Kucing said...

aiks... got new one ah...

Libby said...

I read some not so good reviews of this salted egg yolk fries

Nux V said...

contact.ewew: u dun dare to try....really that bad?

PH: this one is so-so, but the mayo overpowered the salted egg flavor, and the combination is so not 'ngam'.

Mun: yea, it kacau the taste of salted egg yolk, I would rather they sprinkle some curry leaves to make it more fragrant.

Small Kucing: hehe...not quite 'new' liao (one month alredi)

Libby: yes, those review are so true ;-)

Twilight Man said...

I just had this last night. It was my 2nd time and I love it with the added crispy chicken bits.

Flying Fish @ Oistins, Barbados

Barbados is known as "the land of the flying fish" which is also a national symbol of the country. So, off we went to try this fis...