Friday, March 15, 2019

HCMC Vietnam, Day 2 - Part 2

continuation of the previous post...
We spent the entire noon having outdoor team building activities in Bến Tre
After then, time to head back to HCMC....
crossing the Mekong river
some houses on the river
and nearby the river
and then another 45 minutes to head back to the city centre for dinner
it was a Saturday evening and traffic jam everywhere
we had our dinner in Viet Heritage restaurant
 The menu...
 Starter - the Vietnamese spring roll
 Another starter - baguette
Dish #1: Deep fried rice cake
Dish #2: Chicken and corn soup
Dish #3: Fried chicken with Kinh Do sauce
Dish #4: Deep fried fish with mango salad
Dish #5: Omelette
Dish #6: Vegetable in oyster sauce
Dish #7: Vegetable soup
some local beers to go with the meal
After our sumptuous dinner, we went for shopping!
We stayed nearby the Ben Thanh market area and there are various shops within the walking distance from our hotel.
the evening traffics....was figuring out how to cross the streets.
anyway, came back safe and in one piece...
here's what I bought
ALL JUNKS!
the postcards for souvenirs
When everyone was asleep, I went to the hotel gym to shed off some calories from the hearty dinner earlier
it was well equipped but there was no air-cond nor fan in there...so stuffy~~~


5 comments:

Nancy Chan said...

Very scrumptious dinner. I love Vietnamese food.

mun said...

Wah, you are so diligent that you even exercise in the gym while on company annual trip. Supposed to be holiday! I like the food but not team building activities, hahahaha.

Libby said...

Even though vietnam traffic is horrible, but I find theirs is an organized mess, I don't walk across the roads, I run but my friend told me not to run but to walk steadily, else they don't know how to react.

Nux V said...

Nancy: me too ;-)

Mun: no choice as I tend to overindulge in food (summore up to 7 to 8 dishes in each meal!)

Libby: lol, yea, but I can't hold the panic, I would cross it as fast as possible coz I m too scare to risk myself on a busy street.

Recep Hilmi TUFAN | rehitu.com said...

Different foods and too many motorcycles there...

Sun Thai Restaurant @ Sri Petaling

This halal Thai restaurant opens till midnite. It is located along the stretch of bars/bistros in the neighborhood commercial area. Occupyin...