Friday, March 1, 2019

Throwback: Bagatelle Mall, Moka, Mauritius

Bagatelle Mall is one of the biggest malls in Mauritius. Located in Moka, outskirt of the city centre, i'm excited to live next door to this mall during my 3-week stay in Mauritius. Not that i m a shopaholic but it was fun to have a mall just next door and conveniently go down to 'window shopping' when it is too bored in the room.
This was way back in Oct 2017, and it was nearing Deepavali, hence the 'kolam' decorations were put up nearby the entrance.
 Another 'kolam' of the same pattern but at another entrance. The Mauritian are much more well-behaved than us coz these kolam does not need 'fencing' and still looking neat....
If compared to the malls here, it would become messy or even destroyed by 'itchy hand people'. 
This mall houses 3 supermarts…
I went to all three of them but prefer to shop for groceries and snacks at this French retail outlet
 Intermart is at another end of the mall, selling almost the same groceries as Monoprix, but maybe with slightly price difference.
In the middle of the mall, there is an outdoor alfresco dining concept foodcourt...It is nice to dine here during the evening when the weather is cool.
This is also the area where public stage/musical performance took place during the festive season
Much quieter on normal days
a tower stood in the middle of the open-air food court.
Below the tower is a restaurant
Since i have taken dinner in the hotel, I seldom dine there (except for a Turkish restaurant and the Chinese 'Yum Cha' restaurant).
I bought this snack during my first 'adventure' coz it has a weird name...lol!
It turns out yummy and I bought a bigger pack and....
more
more
more
snacks….
*mostly imported ones, coz they dun produce local food much
imma hopeless junkie~~~~

5 comments:

mun said...

I like window shopping too because I seldom buy things. I spot a familiar name in your stash of snacks - vitasoy!

Libby said...

Me too! Sometimes I love to window shop as I do not have anything to buy, but I will save up the money to go tours and buy things not for myself but for others LOL!

Rose world said...

3 weeks there? Wow. I think I would enjoy window shopping and night sighting. I don't usually eat junk food so I don't buy them much. Even when holidaying.

PH said...

You are right, why can't our people behave? Having "fencing" around the kolam spoils it.

Nux V said...

Mun: yes, I like Vitasoy!

Libby: u r so thoughtful to buy things for others ;-)

Rose World: I'm totally opposite....enjoying local junk food is one of the main 'itinerary' when holidaying.

Phong Hong: our local mentality....'I come, I see, I touch'

Up To You Signature Kopitiam @ Sri Petaling

Growling stomach: Where to go for dinner today? Exhausted brain: I can't think much already, up to you lor.... OK, so i went to Up To Yo...