Monday, March 25, 2019

A Visit to Food Bazaar

Occasionally (like once every 2-3 months), there will be a mini food bazaar set up nearby my office which lasts for a week. This is a halal food bazaar and the stalls sell food that are commonly seen in Pasar Malam.
From left to right: Cheesy potato wedges, cheesy 'pisang goreng' and cheesy chocolate 'pisang goreng'.
I bought one of the items below, can you guess which?
the skewers - fried fishcakes, fishballs, sausages....but all drenched in red sauce.
I was told that the red sauce is 'percik' sauce.
more skewers
more & more skewers....
I'm skeptical about its hygiene of having these skewers drenched in sauce and exposed to air like this, would prefer having it plain/dry. Anyway, these are quite cheap - RM1 to RM3 per stick.
the tornado potato which i have tried before...Nothing to shout about, just some flour coated potato and deep fried.
This stall also sells fried squids, XXL chicken and keropok lekor
Another stall selling nasi tomato with ayam masak merah...Looks good but I did not buy.
these bazaar stalls could be selling repetitive items - more keropok lekors and fried stuffs here
and Samosas
I bought maggi mee goreng with egg topping for my lunch (RM5). Tastewise 'so-so only' coz the fried noodle was cooked earlier and not served hot.

6 comments:

mun said...

I guess you bought cheesy potatoes wedges. most of the stalls sell fried stuffs. The nasi tomato looks good. I wonder is it tasty as well.

Libby said...

I search the internet, percik means - basting/drizzle/sprinkle, Percik is supposed to be juicy, aromatic and very flavourful.

Nux V said...

Mun: yes, u got it right! I did not have the chance to try the nasi tomato.

Libby: lol, I haven't try any authentic 'percik' sauce, but it might taste like satay sauce mixed with rendang...And yes, both are flavorful.

PH said...

Cheesy stuff is so popular, even goreng pisang got cheese. LOL!

mun said...

yay! :)

Nux V said...

Phong Hong: yea, cheesy and salted egg stuffs invading the restaurants and food products!

Mun: :-P

Pie in the Sky @ Skytropolis Genting Highlands

A pizza shop in Skytropolis. This is a hidden spot at the indoor theme park which no one notices, unless you happen to queue there for the r...