Thursday, August 4, 2022

Minus 2 Cafe @ UPM Golf Course

Here's one of the dine-out lunches I had with colleagues at a Malay eatery nearby our office.
Nasi Kerabu with sambal sotong (RM7)
The bright blue colour on the rice looks so artificially coloured, hence i decided not to eat this again although it tastes good. I like their sambal sotong dish, but i would eat that with white rice (on next time) coz it is too flavorful and spicy.
Meanwhile on another day, the same colleague brought me (and another colleague) to UPM golf course.
Such a scenic place to have our lunch😀
It was noon, therefore no one was on the field...
I gotta enjoy the soothing greeneries of the trees and vast golf course.
This place is located inside the UPM compound, but the public can access to this area since the golf club membership and restaurant are open to anyone.
It was a sunny noon (though it got cloudy soon)
The eatery place, known as 'Minus 2 Cafe' is facing the golf course. I wouldn't expect there is an eatery in this hidden golf club.
It opens from morning till late noon.
In the morning (from 7:30am till 11am) they have 'breakfast buffet' at RM10 per pax, and the menu consists of fried rice, fried noodles (kueytiaw, mihun, mee), fried eggs, soft-boiled eggs, nasi lemak, lontong and teh tarik/coffee/teh O/kopi O....
Perhaps one day i can have my brunch there
Anyway, back to my lunch...
Lunch menu are on ala-carte basis.
I ordered a sotong (squid) tomyum with rice
the plate of rice came with 2 pieces of cucumbers, a piece of omelette, and some chilis at the side.
My lunch for RM13nett.
The ingredients in the sotong tomyum soup consist of cauliflower, Julienne-cut carrots, lemongrass, coriander, and of course 'sotong'.
let me dig out a spoonful...
It was spicy, but luckily i had ordered a glass of iced water to standby😐
My colleague ordered a plate of seafood fried rice which has 'wok hei' taste and came with generous portion of sotong and prawns....I think I would try that next.
BON APPETIT!

7 comments:

mun said...

Prawns and sotong for me too but not the spicy ones. Maybe the blue rice is really from the pea flower.

PH said...

I can see that you like sotong!

Stacy said...

Nice and cheap too. Would be fun having the rm10 buffet.

Nancy Chan said...

I like nasi kerabu. Sotong will be too tough for my teeth but I can opt for sambal prawns or fish. Yes, the colour of the rice doesn't look natural. Mouth watering tom yum soup. Slurps.

contact.ewew said...

RM10 for a buffet breakfast is super cheap (even if the items are simple)! How to make money like that? ;)

Rose world said...

Long time didn't have nasi kerabu!! I usually take fried chicken with my nasi kerabu. Gosh. The tom yum sure looked fiery!!

Golf Brands said...

Seafood fried rice needs more prawns for better taste.

Pie in the Sky @ Skytropolis Genting Highlands

A pizza shop in Skytropolis. This is a hidden spot at the indoor theme park which no one notices, unless you happen to queue there for the r...