Sunday, November 22, 2020

Sushi Zanmai @ The Gardens Mall

Ever since Sushi Zanmai is available in IOI City mall nearby my office, I've stopped goin to the outlet at The Gardens.
Besides, there used to be an outlet in IOI Puchong which i frequently patronised, but it has been closed down sometime last year.
I have totally forgotten about this outlet at The Gardens until recently i craved for some Japanese food.
It was quiet and only a few tables occupied. The interior of the restaurant is always impressive....The walls and ceiling are furnished with wood elements carvings and pattern.
Nice lanterns too...
Food ordering was done via mobile phone. The site link was established by scanning a 2D barcode.
I wanted to try out their katsu curry rice...hence i ordered a small plate (there are only 2 size portion available, big or small).
The curry is OK, though i prefer it to have some potato & carrot chunks rather than just plain gravy.
Chicken katsu is deep fried to perfection, not too dry yet crispy on the outer layer. 
Instead of ordering sushi at a sushi restaurant, i had curry rice which is not their core😁
Despite that, when compared to Yoshinoya, this one taste better.
I also ordered an assorted tempuras platter...
This plate consists of 2 prawns, 1 fish slice, 1 eggplant, 1 okra, and 1 mushroom tempuras.
It was freshly prepared from the kitchen and was served piping hot.
Overall, a pleasant meal...and the price is reasonable too.
Total damage: RM28.60
Here's the shop front...at 3rd floor....next to Ippudo
My next target is to try out Ippudo's ramen.
Initially i wanted to try Ippudo at first, but not keen to queue/wait due to the restaurant has reached the limit number of patrons at that time (adhered to CMCO SOP).
another one in my next target list is 'Beauty in The Pot'.
The shop facade is nicely decorated in pink...with a huge pink teddy bear!
Such a unique colour theme for a restaurant...

18 comments:

mun said...

I used to go to sushi Zanmai at the Gardens frequently but after Rakuzen opened in Gardens, I prefer to eat at Rakuzen despite Rakuzen price is a bit higher but the salmon shioyaki is better quality. I don't like steam boat or hot pot so beauty in a pot is out. Inspired by your trip to Midvalley and gardens, today I break my ban and went there. Lolx!

Tekkaus said...

Tried sushi Zanmai once. It was not bad. :)

Nux V said...

Mun: the Xmas deco are up now in MV😃. I have eaten at Rakuzen before & agree tht the quality is better.

Tekkaus: yea not bad.

PH said...

I miss Japanese food and haven't had any yet. I must go to Sushi Zanmai at the Starling to eat sushi! I don't know why I don't like tempura.

Rose world said...

Been to the chain here twice. The design of the outlet more or less the same.

I like chicken katsu.

Twilight Man said...

I love to eat at Rakuzen and Sushi Zanmai as their interior decor is so tastefully Japanese style. Food wise, fantastic!!! Even the Chawan Mushi is fantabulous.

Nux V said...

PH: u dont like deep fried food?

Nux V said...

Rose world: yea interior is quite similar in every outlet.

Nux V said...

Twilight Man: i m sure u can always drop by 1U to get your chawanmushi fix😃

mun said...

Maybe she has only eaten soggy tempura and not freshly just fried tempura.

Nancy Chan said...

I am not a big fan of Japanese cuisine but I do love tempura and other fried items.

Harvey said...

Sushi Zanmai or Sushi King, which to go for?

mun said...

No need to ask, of course is sushi Zanmai.

Reanaclaire said...

I have been to Sushi Zanmai once.. but I think Penang branch. Sad to see the place empty, right? but then everyone have to be safe...

Reanaclaire said...

I have been to Sushi Zanmai once.. but I think Penang branch. Sad to see the place empty, right? but then everyone have to be safe...

Libby said...

I agree with you, with potatoes and carrot chunks would taste better. SG beauty in the pot also has that huge pink teddy bear.

Libby said...

I like the assorted tempura platter.

Stacy said...

Sushi Zanmai is the one with the perpetual long queue no? I've been twice and don't get the hype. Probably just don't know how to appreciate! My default is Sakae Sushi.

Up To You Signature Kopitiam @ Sri Petaling

Growling stomach: Where to go for dinner today? Exhausted brain: I can't think much already, up to you lor.... OK, so i went to Up To Yo...