Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Cheese vs Cheese

After seeing Mun's review on various cheese sandwich biscuits...i went on to try both Julie and Hwa Tai Luxury cheese sandwich biscuits.
The squarish biscuit is from Luxury. The roundish one is Julie's.
Hwa Tai Luxury brand
Side view of the Luxury cheese biscuit....overflowing with cheese fillings.
The cracker has a nice crunch and is savoury...The cheese filling has a strong cheesy aroma, which some might find it too pungent, especially those who can't stand the cheesy smell. Tastewise, very much like Super Ring cheese snack, but left an aftertaste in the mouth....
Julie's brand
The site view of Julie's cheese biscuit...the cheese cream filling nicely tucked in.
The cracker is savoury, less crunch and more dense than Luxury brand.
The cheese filling is not that overpowering, and slightly sweeter than Luxury brand.
In terms of cheesiness, this one lose out.
Both the cheese sandwich biscuits are just so-so...I would prefer cream crackers than these.
From the below, my preferred choice (top to bottom) would be:
1. Hwa Tai Sugar Crackers
2. Hup Seng Cream Crackers
3. Julie's/Luxury Cheese Sandwich Biscuit
OK, i m done with the reviews....will find time to review some others in the near future.

8 comments:

Twilight Man said...

Yes!!!! I like to much the sugar crackers with hot black coffee. They are relatives.

mun said...

Aha, so you like to eat sugar crackers. Hup Seng ping pong crackers are very popular because it is quite oily so very fragrant! Guess you don't like cheese fillings. Did you buy all three packets of biscuits yourself? Will your father eat the cheese fillings crackers for you since you don't like them?

Nux V said...

Twilight Man: I eat them with just plain water. Oppss...I have separate the relatives.

Mun: my father eats all sorts of biscuits/crackers as he is not choosy on them. He is OK with the cheese.

Nancy Chan said...

I think I have tasted both biscuits but have forgotten how they tasted like. I prefer plain cream crackers on the salty side. I can munch on the cream crackers itself or preferably dip in coffee.

Rose world said...

I go for cream cracker. Long time did not buy Julie cheese cracker. Used to enjoy it but I find it rather sweet if eat too much.

Diana Diane Teo said...

My husband is big fan of Julie's cheese sandwich biscuits. Like almost every 2 weeks will stock it. As for me, I prefer those biscuits with raisin.
Have you heard Hup Seng Kerk Sultana Raisin Biscuits? Oh boy, that's my favourite of all time.

Libby said...

Do you eat your biscuits dry like that or you dip them in coffee or milk and eat them? We have hup seng, luxury and julie biscuits brands in our supermarkets but not Hwa Tai I think.

Nux V said...

Libby: i prefer to eat it dry😀

D'Nats Sri Petaling

D'Nats First time trying D'Nats despite this stall has been around for quite some time. It is an established Malay warung that sells...