Sunday, November 15, 2020

Tapao

These are the 'tapao' food when the kitchen is 'closed'.
Since the 2nd CMCO, we no longer eat out, and tapao occasionally.
I had this curry noodles from the local neighbourhood kopitiam.
Please excuse the 'messy presentation'.
The curry is thick & oily, with lotsa taupok (beancurd puff) and beancurd sheets....I usually prefer a mix of meehoon & hor fun (flat rice noodles) for my curry noodles.
This bowl is around RM7.
The other day i had pasembor (Indian rojak).
RM5 for a packet of plain rojak (without sotong). The below picture was taken before I pour the peanut gravy.
This was bought from the food truck nearby the mosque in Sri Petaling...(the mosque that started out the 2nd wave sometime in March).
Good business for this rojak truck coz there is always queue whenever we go tapao.
BON APPETIT!

11 comments:

mun said...

That rojak truck is very popular because it is on grab delivery. It sells chendol too. Did you buy its chendol? I haven't tried the food of this truck before. Curry Mee so yums but correct, is messy. Did you finish drinking all the curry broth or pour some into your kitchen sink?

Nux V said...

Mun: i tried the chendol before. Too sweet and not buying for this time.

Nux V said...

Mun: i only drink a little of the broth coz too oily.

mun said...

Ok,oily must pour away cos not healthy to drink it.

mun said...

Thanks for this info. Then I no need to try.

PH said...

Curry mee I like. Rojak even better! I must check if the Hasan Rojak that I used to order is still selling via Grafood.

Nancy Chan said...

The curry mee looks delicious even though may be messy. I love rojak.

Nux V said...

Mun: if you can accept Indian sweets, then this chendol is fine for you ;P

PH: most likely it is still there since nowadays people order Grab a lot.

Nancy Chan: Ipoh have nicer curry mee!

Himawan Sant said...

this taupok lotsa although oily but looks delicious ..., I want to try it. Regards.

Twilight Man said...

I just ate Indian Rojak yesterday at Paramount Gardens. I ordered the Rojak King which had sotong and prawn fritters. Yummy!

Libby said...

I like taupok and beancurd sheets in my curry mee.

Flying Fish @ Oistins, Barbados

Barbados is known as "the land of the flying fish" which is also a national symbol of the country. So, off we went to try this fis...