Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Roasted Duck

Annoying sis sent this pic to us to 'show off' her dinner....Nope, she did not roast the duck. It was bought from a roadside stall/van. Half portion for RM29. She prepared steamed egg and veggie soup to go with the roasted duck for a wholesome meal.
 Since me & mum were so eager to try, she bought half duck for us on Sunday, this time at a cheaper price coz she bought whole duck and requested to pack half separately, where the other half goes to her in-laws. It was selling at RM55 for whole duck (or RM27.5 for half portion)
There goes our dinner....with veggie soup, cucumbers and steamed egg. The sauces are provided with the roasted duck: sweet sauce, chili sauce and a salty herbal gravy for dipping.
 The roasted duck are quite ordinary. But it is tender and the skin is less oily/fatty
BON APPETIT!


7 comments:

mun said...

The roast duck in my area is rm60 for a whole bird. Which road side did your sister buy hers from? Tender is tasty. If nearby I wanna try buy.

Nancy Chan said...

I am not sure how much the duck is selling here. I love roast duck. I will usually buy whole duck because it is cheaper. Can keep the other half in the fridge. Now I am craving for roast duck!

PH said...

Yum! I love roast duck. There is one stall here selling. You make me crave for quack quack. LOL!

Tekkaus said...

I have not had duck duck for ages. This makes me wanna go buy one right away. :D

Rose world said...

I want that roasted duck!! Havent havevit for a long time! Drooling.

Nux V said...

Mun: Jalan Jalil Perkasa 1 in Bukit Jalil, nearby the durian stalls before turning into the Awan Besar LRT station.

Nancy Chan: yea, can keep in fridge.

PH & Tekkaus: buy buy buy ;-)

Rose world: time to have one!

Libby said...

I have been eating a lot of roast duck and roast chicken recently. Yums!

St Michael, Barbados

During the weekdays, the driver would picked us (me & colleague) from the apartment at 8am daily. Sometimes he would use different route...