Sunday, June 28, 2020

Pho Street @ IOI Mall Puchong

 Went for a jalan-jalan at IOI Mall Puchong after a car service. It was 1pm by the time my car was done servicing. Hungry (and only thought of food), I headed to the nearby mall....
Flipped the menu....to look see what's in store
A variety of Vietnamese noodles (pho)
 rice vermicelli and banh mi
 street snacks
 and rice set too....everyting looks nice in the pictures!
 The shop interior is nice too....bright and plenty of space for social distancing....
It was a weekday, hence not many people
while waiting for my food to arrive....I tried out the sauces...
The chili flakes in oil are superbly nice...
meanwhile bird eye chili is extremely spicy...not recommended....if u can't take spicy.
 I had beef slices pho. Taste good with tender meat....The soup is flavourful too.
the Vietnamese spring roll...with peanut sauce...
 refreshing and filling! Instead of dipping it in the sweet peanut sauce, I added lotsa chili flakes on it for extra kick....yummmzzz!!!
total damage for this lunch:
This was my second dine out since MCO or my first in RMCO.
BON APPETIT!

9 comments:

mun said...

You dined out in the uncle Chang is during cmco? Not rmco? Wah, you are brave. I read some not very good review about this pho street so I didn't go to the branch in MyTown but looks like your dishes both are nice and tasty. I love both the dishes you ordered but I won't put chili flakes la cos cannot tahan pedas.

Tekkaus said...

The prawn rolls look big and yummy for sure. :)

PH said...

I have been to the one at MyTown. Only the photos in the menu look nice. Taste wasn't that great. Glad that you enjoyed your meal.

Rose world said...

Still not acquired to Vietnamese cuisine. Maybe the herbs. Haha.

Nux V said...

Mun: yea, was dining at Uncle Chang on the last day of CMCO. That time can dine in already, so it's safe.

Tekkaus: hmmm....the prawns are just ordinary despite looking big.

PH: I dun expect much on Vietnamese food when eating in KL. Taste may not be great perhaps, but it's fine for me.

Rose world: yes, the herbs play an important role. The Vietnamese cuisine prepared in their home country tastes much better coz the ingredients are fresh and abundance.

Nancy Chan said...

Long time I last tasted Vietnamese food. Must get my friends to go with me.

Nux V said...

Nancy Chan: looking forward to your post on Vietnamese food ;-)

Libby said...

I had tried pho street in sg before and i do not really like it. Not really into vietnamese cuisine.

parquet flooring repair said...

Pho is a great restaurant that serves Vietnamese cuisine! My office is located near IOI city mall and recently we have glass door repair and I went to try this with my colleagues. It is delicious.

Up To You Signature Kopitiam @ Sri Petaling

Growling stomach: Where to go for dinner today? Exhausted brain: I can't think much already, up to you lor.... OK, so i went to Up To Yo...