Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Durians

It is durian season and we bought some to enjoy.
RM18 for a D24 pack
 fleshy and creamy (this picture doesn't do its justice)….
yummmzzz!!!
 this was bought in NSK.....
On another note, we have also replenished our peanuts supply from the wholesale snack shop in NSK. Bought 1kg of peanuts for RM16.80. These peanuts are as good as those served in MAS airline (in small packets form). Fresh & crunchy coz this is packed in an air-tight plastic packaging.
 A few days after we had D24, mum bought more durians which are delivered fresh from Pahang....
RM108 for 2 boxes below.
 Musang King @ RM53/kg.
Yellowish flesh, sweeter and creamier than D24
 and XO durian @ RM33/kg.
XO durian has a bittersweet taste, yet as creamy as the Musang King and D24
Feeling full and contented after eating these. Our durian cravings are satisfied!
Do u eat durians?


8 comments:

Nancy Chan said...

Now I am waiting for my friend to deliver some durians to our house. No more peanuts for me as I have weak gums.

Tekkaus said...

Yes, indeed it is time for sure durian alright. Had a lot in the past 30 days. :D

mun said...

I love to eat Durians! I want to eat Durians! But I don't want Durians smell in my house so how, so how, so how, how and where do I go eat Durians!? Dine in?

mun said...

Wah good you get crunchy peanuts that you like from nsk at a budget price. I eat peanuts will get jaw aching and yit hei so I don't eat peanuts that much. Just occasionally. Wah, your mother is also a pro Durians eater. All the way from pahang, Raub is it? Good good. Give business to locals.

Nux V said...

Nancy Chan: ur friend is so kind to deliver the durians to u.

Tekkaus: we couldn't eat much coz it is too heaty.

Mun: u can eat at the car porch and close the house door/windows so that the smell doesn't get inside. We also dislike durian smell in the house. But the durian temptation is strong, so have to eat once in a year *at least.

mun said...

Not comfortable to eat in car porch so I think this year I cannot eat Durians la. 😭

Libby said...

I love to eat durians and my dad was a durian vendor before he passed on.

Nux V said...

Libby: wow, I wish to know someone who sells durian so I can eat 'discounted priced' durians...lol!

Pie in the Sky @ Skytropolis Genting Highlands

A pizza shop in Skytropolis. This is a hidden spot at the indoor theme park which no one notices, unless you happen to queue there for the r...