Wednesday, June 10, 2020

First Dine Out

I had my very first dine out on Monday 8 June after nearly 3 months of not eating out (my last was on 17 Mar).
It was still CMCO on 8 June, where some shops were open till 8pm only. 
I went to Uncle Chong's Kopitiam in Esplanade Bukit Jalil to try out the curry laksa. Yes, my default order for local noodles is still curry laksa!
It was only 7pm but I was the only patron in the shop. Seems like a lonely place....
Before getting in, the usual SOP requires patrons to scan the QR code and fill up the contact number & body temperature.
The table arrangement is as such....it only allows 2 person at one table.
 social distancing each table at least 1.5 metre apart.
 here goes my noodles...I prefer meehoon in curry so that it could soak up the gravy hence more flavorful...
I forgot to request them to omit the cockles....darn! long time never order food, forgot how to 'special request' already...lolx!
 tastewise, I find the curry laksa ordinary.
This meal costs: RM8.90 (noodles) + RM0.50 (plain water)
The shop also sells local delights such as chicken rice, asam laksa, some bread toast etc....
Here's the shop front, it is so secluded that many people didn't notice. Ample parking space in front too.
with the RMCO kicks in, many people have now return to work (in the office). I will be goin back to the office occasionally too, so expecting to dine out more frequent.
How about u?

11 comments:

mun said...

I go to that area every week before mco but never notice this shop before. Yay! U finally dined out. Alone ah, u dining out on your way back from work. No news yet so we are still working from home until further notice.

Nancy Chan said...

This morning, I was invited to join a friend at a coffee shop for breakfast. I already had mine but I joined her for a cup of coffee. This was my first time sitting in a coffee shop since MCO.

suituapui said...

Same here, so pathetic looking, so few people. A far cry from pre-COVID 19 when customers would spill onto the road!

Tanza Erlambang said...

chairs look empty....
curry laksa looks delicious...yummy

Nux V said...

Mun: I was alone but not on my way back from work coz 8 June is a public holiday ;-)

Nancy Chan: nice to have a cuppa with friend to catch up with them.

Suituapui: yea, so much different!

Tanza Erlambang: those table that are marked with cross are supposed to vacant. So chairs are taken away from that table.

mun said...

Oh, forgot that it was a public holiday. So u purposely go there to try the curry laksa? Is it because it is famous or got good reviews?

Nux V said...

Mun: I passed by on my way home from somewhere...

PH said...

It is actually a nice time to dine out since there are not many customers yet. Maybe it is a time to try out those places that are so packed before the MCO.

mun said...

Oh, I see you went to your other house, the condo.

Libby said...

Pass the cockles to me lol.

ROSELINE DAVIDSON said...









i couldn't believe that i would ever be re-unite with my ex-lover, i was so traumatize staying all alone with no body to stay by me and to be with me, but i was so lucky one certain day to meet this powerful spell caster Dr Akhere,after telling him about my situation he did everything humanly possible to see that my lover come back to me,indeed after casting the spell my ex-lover came back to me less than 48 hours,my ex-lover came back begging me that he will never leave me again,3 months later we got engaged and married,if you are having this same situation just contact Dr Akhere on his email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com thanks very much sir for restoring my ex-lover back to me,his email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com or call/whatsapp:+2349057261346















































































































































































hindi ako makapaniwala na kailanman ay muling makiisa ako sa aking kasintahan, labis akong na-trauma sa pananatiling nag-iisa na walang katawan na manatili sa akin at makakasama ko, ngunit napakasuwerte ako sa isang tiyak na araw upang matugunan ito malakas na spell caster na si Dr Akhere, matapos sabihin sa kanya ang tungkol sa aking sitwasyon ginawa niya ang lahat ng makataong posible upang makita na ang aking kasintahan ay bumalik sa akin, sa katunayan matapos na ihagis ang spell ang aking dating kasintahan ay bumalik sa akin ng mas mababa sa 48 oras, dumating ang dating kasintahan ko. bumalik sa pagmamakaawa sa akin na hindi na niya ako pababayaan, 3 buwan mamaya kami ay nakipag-ugnay at nag-asawa, kung nagkakaroon ka ng parehong sitwasyong ito makipag-ugnay lamang kay Dr Akhere sa kanyang email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com maraming salamat sa sir sa pagpapanumbalik ng aking dating kasintahan bumalik sa akin, ang kanyang email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com o tumawag / whatsapp: +2349057261346

Flying Fish @ Oistins, Barbados

Barbados is known as "the land of the flying fish" which is also a national symbol of the country. So, off we went to try this fis...