Monday, August 19, 2019

Cendol and Durians

McD is selling cendol softserve in green cone, but I did not try. Instead I go for my usual RM1 vanilla flavor and it was served on a green cone too...The green cone is flavorless just like the usual ones, hence the green coloring is just for aesthetic purpose.
 On another note, my colleague's MIL has been selling lemang wrapped in periuk kera (Nepenthes mirabilis) leaves which is kinda rare due to the extinct of this 'periuk kera' species. They have this plant in their 'kampung' compound hence decided to use it for their 'seasonal lemang'. I bought a box of 5 with rendang chicken at RM15. It tastes just like some ordinary lemang…
Presentation wise, i think the leaves wrapping the glutinous rice looks cute...
 During the last 'long weekend' my sis went to visit a durian orchard in Raub and bought some durians home.
The orchard belongs to a church friend and the durians were sold to them at a promotional price.
The top is D24 meanwhile the bottom is Musang King
This would be the best durians thus far after a few rounds of crappy durians we bought at roadside and night market.
Anyway, I think we had enough durians for this year...

3 comments:

mun said...

I hope you are not referring to MSK durians when you talked about crappy durians bought from roadside stalls and night markets. I hope I can eat one last round of durian before this season ends for good.

Libby said...

This year the durian season seems to be very long. I dare not eat as scare of having sore throat. In my neighbourhood, there are already three durian stalls. I love red prawn durians as I have a sweet tooth, but some like those bittersweet types like MSK. MSK are expensive.

PH said...

Aiyo... I am craving for durian! I haven't had durian for a long time. Unbelievable! LOL!

Up To You Signature Kopitiam @ Sri Petaling

Growling stomach: Where to go for dinner today? Exhausted brain: I can't think much already, up to you lor.... OK, so i went to Up To Yo...