Monday, September 24, 2018

Mee Hailam

It was my first time trying mee hailam...This was from a stall located nearby my office. The price is very reasonable at RM5 with generous ingredients - kailan, carrots, chicken chunks.
for noodles option, they have kuey teow and meehoon too, besides the default yellow noodles.
Mee Hailam basically taste like Cantonese style noodles ('kuey teow kungfu'), but the gravy is in dark colour.
Hopefully they still serve it with generous 'greens' in my next visit!

4 comments:

PH said...

I have never had mee hailam. It seem popular among the Malays as I often see it in Malay cookbooks.

mun said...

I like that it has lots of vegetables in it. Just wondering what does the dark gravy taste like? Soy sauce? Star anise? Aniseed? Oyster sauce?

Rose world said...

Not so fond of mee hailam.

Quite a lot of greens in yours.

Nux V said...

Phong Hong: yea quite popular

Mun: I tink it is just dark soy sauce

Rose World: this can be ur last option when bored with other noodles, they also have mee bandung, mee jawa, laksa….and some others.

Up To You Signature Kopitiam @ Sri Petaling

Growling stomach: Where to go for dinner today? Exhausted brain: I can't think much already, up to you lor.... OK, so i went to Up To Yo...