Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Two Pesos 'Pot for Lunch' & 'Lunch Combo Rice Box'

[Throwback post]
The 'Pot for Lunch' from Two Pesos is a weekday promo from 12-3pm daily, excluding public holiday.
I went for the classic chicken soup and chose fish meat. Other meats like lamb and beef would be charged extra.
The pot looks full to the brim. Underneath these ingredients are cabbages.
Added the bacon wrapped enoki mushrooms which I claimed from membership 'free gift'.
The 'free gift' item which I can choose under the 'meat/seafood' section from the menu.
This meal costs only RM14.85nett. Usual price would be RM25++ with the bacon enoki mushrooms.
Apart from the 'Pot for Lunch' promo, they also have rice box combo from 12-5pm.
I had braised pork rice (RM11.90) and add-on a grass jelly milk tea with additional RM5. 
Total: RM18.60nett after service charge.
Tastewise OK, except that the 'braised pork' was too watery with gravy more than the minced pork.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I tried the Nam Heong 'Kuangxi Taupok' which I think is a seasonal item. Nothing fancy, just normal taupok which i can get better ones out there😂
Also tried the loh mai gai. Quite standard, although i can get better ones in dim sum shop😂
Anyway, nice try for them to sell a variety of items to suit the palate for everyone.
Total price for these: RM22.90nett
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[Below] Sausage cheese kimchi rice gimbap bought from Family Mart at RM11.90
Whenever i crave for kimchi rice, i would just get a pack of this gimbap. It tastes exactly like kimchi fried rice with sausage and cheese😋
This is way cheaper than ordering a plate of kimchi fried rice from Korean restaurant.

6 comments:

mun said...

Thank you for the tips! I will go buy Sausage cheese kimchi rice gimbap as I like to eat kimchi but don't want too much kimchi.

mun said...

The lor Mai Kai I only eat during offer time. So far everytime I went there, the tao pok is sold out so no chance to try. I think it is similar to the famous bentong taopok

mun said...

Oh, peso eatery. Wonder will I ever go eat there.

Lotus said...

I would choose luncheon meat for the free item, hee hee. Thinking of visiting Shi Li Fang Hotpot this weekend for their daily lunch promo set, they have many soup base to choose from such as pork bone soup, nourishing soup, tomatoe soup, etc.

Very reasonable pot for lunch you had. Exchange rate now is around S$1 = RM3.50. So if I go eat, my lunch would only cost $3.85. Dirt cheap! Plus ambience and decor of the restaurant will be resonably decent too.

Just visited JB last month in May. Now June is school holidays so will not be going to avoid the jam and crowd. Will see how in July.

Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful day!

Lotus said...

For the soup base, I would choose classic chicken soup like you too and very wise to choose fish for the meat, I would do so too. But for drink, will go for Yuzu.

PH said...

That's a very loaded meal you had for only RM14.85!

Ding Xiang Sang Nyuk Noodles & Thai Siam, Sri Petaling

First time trying Ding Xiang Sang Nyuk noodles. It has lunch promo around RM12.90 ++ (if i remembered correctly) for a set of noodles and po...