Wednesday, March 10, 2021

First Dine-Out during CMCO

Currently finishing the last can of CNY kuih kapit....crunch crunch~~~
During some conversation with colleagues, we found that some people address this with different names....and upon googling, the origin of this kuih kapit is explained.
I always thought that kuih kapit is originated from China since it is a CNY snack...but nope...it is from Indonesia with Dutch influence.
Went to claim a free BR ice-cream at the neighbourhood outlet. The ice-cream is complimentary when i installed their app.
Also had my first dine-out (during CMCO) at 126 mixed rice shop. It has been more than a year since i last dined at this shop. There are TV screens attached at the dining area wall. The TV repeatedly run the program that features the food preparation quality assurance and all other outlets that are located around KL, PJ, Ipoh, Kampar, and other parts of Malaysia. So, confirmed that this 126 is related to 134 mixed rice in Taman Megah.
The greedy me took 3 non-meat dishes & 1 chicken dish.
The dishes are: Stewed cloud ear fungus (which is from the Hakka stewed namyue pork dish, without taking the pork), sauteed long beans, beancurd sheet with goji berries and 2 pieces of marmite chicken.
the plate of rice comes with free-flow of soup and Chinese tea (at self-service counter)
my hearty meal that costs only RM7.20
Was full to the brim after finishing the rice...I didn't even manage to finish the tea.

4 comments:

mun said...

Oh, thanks for letting us know. Let's see whether I will install their app to get the free ice cream. long time I didn't eat chapfan. Looks good. I guess you will do more dine in from now on. This year I didn't eat any Kuih kapit.

Nancy Chan said...

Interesting info on the origin of kuih kapit. I only bought a tin and we finished it before CNY. Now I am tempted by your BR ice cream.

Stacy said...

Yeah so nice to be able to dine out! My plate when I'm greedy will still contain only ONE veg hehe. More meat or egg or tofu.

My ears pricked up at the free ice-cream. :)

Rose world said...

It is great to dine out again. Your chap fan looked yummy.

Pie in the Sky @ Skytropolis Genting Highlands

A pizza shop in Skytropolis. This is a hidden spot at the indoor theme park which no one notices, unless you happen to queue there for the r...