Monday, March 2, 2020

Malay Food Stall

The cafeteria nearby my office sells mostly Malay food. There is a stall that sells noodles such as Asam Laksa, Mee Rebus, Mee Bandung, Soto Ayam...etc...
Here's the Soto Ayam - a yellow spicy chicken soup with lontong or nasi himpit or ketupat and/or vermicelli or noodles.
I seldom eat this coz it is not filling enuff to last till dinner, but it is reasonable at RM5.50
 Here's what i had on last Friday...same price at RM5.50...can u guess what is this?
 Later that evening, the company was having its second Townhall, and as usual there were makan-makan....Just some simple dishes from the caterer...
Buffet style, can eat as many rounds, and even tapao..
Being cheapskate, i tapao the Pineapple fried rice and some green curries for lunch on Saturday...well, at least another meal is taken care of....
BON APPETIT!

6 comments:

mun said...

wah,your company is really good la. always got lots of food during events. I would love to eat the soto ayam with nasi himpit. The other dish looks so creamy. looks like sayur lodeh but I guess it is mee rebus or mee jawa perhaps.

Libby said...

I guess it is mee jawa, i would order mee rebus instead, my favourite.

Twilight Man said...

That looks like Curry Laksa!

I would not hesitate to tapao anything since the economy is sliding down hill.

PH said...

Your company feeds you all very well! Can tapau some more :)

Nux V said...

All: it is mee bandung ;-)

mun said...

oh, mee bandung. Don't think I have eaten that. How is it different from curry mee or mee rebus or mee jawa?

St Michael, Barbados

During the weekdays, the driver would picked us (me & colleague) from the apartment at 8am daily. Sometimes he would use different route...