Monday, March 23, 2020

Ichiban Ramen @ IOI City Mall

The day before the MCO enforcement I had lunch with my teammates as sort of 'farewell'...
We had ramen at Ichiban Ramen, with value lunch set promotion.
Each lunch set comes with green tea and a side dish of either tofu, gyoza or salad.
 I had gyoza side dish 
 meanwhile my colleagues chose tofu
 As I was rushing to bakery shop to stock up my bread supply, I simply ordered without deciding much - here's my impromptu order: Spicy Ramen with Teriyaki Chicken.
Quite generous portion with lotsa noodles and at least 6 to 7 pieces of well-marinated chicken cubes, so tender like those yakitori sticks chicken cubes.
The soup wasn't spicy at all despite looking devil red.
 ok la for a first timer
 another colleague went to buy bread too, so my camera 'eaten' his noodles - this is Chicken Ramen...looks good with creamy broth
 The extensive menu next to the entrance...I shall try out some other things next time!
 they have bento set too...looks good..
meanwhile, I went jalan jalan to kepoh in Tesco (while waiting for my noodles) to see what's left after the panic buying (the day before MCO)...Seems like all the groceries, dried food, noodles and canned food were gone...but there were some bottles of dishwasher left, selling at relatively cheap prices!
I wanted to grab some but put off my intention seeing the line was so long with most shoppers having full trolley(s).
Today is my WFM (work-from-home) Day 4.....Eating home cooked food daily, haven't been out of the house for 6 days ;-)

4 comments:

Twilight Man said...

I also had "farewell" dinner with my wife outside and ate Japanese food too.

Until now the supermarket's queues are still long with full trolleys. It gives me a fear and miserable feeling to buy groceries now with so many wearing masks and staring at me. I was not naked at all.

How nice that you get to WFM and get paid.

PH said...

Yum! I love spicy ramen. Got to wait until this MCO is over before I can enjoy ramen again.

mun said...

wow, you are good, not stepping out of your house for 6 days in a row. who is doing the grocery shopping for your household? Ichiban ramen, I wonder are there other branches?

Libby said...

I would choose tofu for my side dish. We do not have movement control order here in sg so we still can go out and dine but we do have safe distancing measures implemented at restaurants, supermarkets and coffeeshops etc but i feel it is not very practical as most of the customers do not follow the rules.

Pie in the Sky @ Skytropolis Genting Highlands

A pizza shop in Skytropolis. This is a hidden spot at the indoor theme park which no one notices, unless you happen to queue there for the r...