Monday, November 4, 2019

Saya 'dahmakan'

My first try on 'dahmakan' after being 'influenced' by PH and some of my colleagues.
My office was having some event last month and the company 'sponsored' us a delivery meal (max RM20 per person)….
So, I make use of this opportunity to claim my free 'dahmakan' meal!
 I ordered the combo of 'main meal with Krispy Kreme donuts' at RM18
Super fluffy donuts that got me hooked upon first bite!
 As for the main meal, I had salted egg butter chicken rice....taste not bad, I like the aroma from the curry leaves. I could only wish for a bigger portion since it is priced at RM18 (without discount)
 after my first try, I got '25% off ' credited into my account which can be used in the next order...
I used this to try on the 'kam heong' chicken rice the following weekend, and again with Krispy Kreme donuts~~
 This time I paid RM13.50 nett
Overall the food is good, but their delivery service is not punctual...My colleague told me that they are often late, in which I agreed as both my meals arrived late. The weekend delivery delayed from 10am till 12pm! (2 hours delay).
Besides, their 'rider' doesn't seem to have experience in dealing with insufficient small change situation...I have to think of the solution for them just to get back my change! And worst part is they don't support credit card payment?! Well, I'm not sure about the others, but I offered to pay by credit card upon knowing the rider doesn't have enuff cash to change. I guess they need to offer more alternatives in case rider faced such situation 'onsite'.
I don't think I will be ordering dahmakan again after my second encounter of late delivery....They still have lotsa room for improvement!

7 comments:

lina said...

I agree, they still have a lot to improve on their delivery

Nancy Chan said...

They need to improve on their delivery service because no one likes to receive their food late.

PH said...

Now you have influenced me to get the combo with donuts hee..hee.. You can actually pay by credit card or Boost. You need to go into the app settings to do that. Yes, I have also experienced late delivery and some of the riders are quite blur and can't find my office!

Nux V said...

lina: hopefully they could improve while I take my 'break' from ordering dahmakan.

Nancy Chan: yea, want to go toilet also not in peace, coz dunno when the rider will arrive, gotta standby to collect my food.

PH: exactly, but the rider is clueless on how to check in 'realtime' whether I have made my online payment, especially for this last-minute case. Their system should be more user friendly so that both the rider and customer will not face difficulty in dealing with last minute payment transaction.

mun said...

hahaha, you are so funny to say the waiting cause you to tahan from going to the toilet.

Twilight Man said...

I am very forgiving with these late deliveries as I live in a very jammed vicinity. So it is okay to sit at home than drive out in the jam to find my dinner sometimes. As long as the food is yummy, I would be happy to watch my TV and munch. I hope DahMakan will win back your trusts.

Libby said...

Both your meals look good. I have only tried home delivery once. I ordered japanese food via foodpanda. Others would be pizza hut and KFC which i had tried before also.

Pie in the Sky @ Skytropolis Genting Highlands

A pizza shop in Skytropolis. This is a hidden spot at the indoor theme park which no one notices, unless you happen to queue there for the r...