Monday, June 10, 2019

Random Foods I Had for the Week

Went to try the salted egg yolk fried chicken at KFC the day before raya. The KFC outlet was understaff (due to the holiday season) and I waited for more than half-an-hour for this!
RM14.90 nett with 2-piece chicken, coleslaw, mashed potato & mango juice (default drink). Not much of salted egg taste, but it has curry leaves aroma.
I was craving for some curry 'pan mee', hence I visited 'Super Kitchen Chili Pan Mee' nearby my house during the raya day and ordered this bowl of fiery red spicy pan mee for RM8.50 nett. It has 5 pieces of taupok, a few slices of beancurd sheets and a piece of pork chop (chopped into pieces)...there were no long beans in sight (as it used to have)...I don't think I will order this again after seeing the oily curry soup.
 I joined my colleague for lunch at IOI City Mall 'Food Junction' food court and ordered this Thai green curry set meal at RM12.20 nett. It was served with a plate of white rice (hidden under the egg topping), tomyum soup and a small plate of veggie (supposed to be kangkong belacan, but they substitute it with cabbage, coz run out of kangkong!)
Tastewise so-so only, but was a hearty meal and enuff to last till dinner.
BON APPETIT!

6 comments:

Rose world said...

Long time I didn't walk into a KFC outlet. None of my family fancy its chicken so I didn't get to eat it.

The noodle curry is too oily. I don't like that.

mun said...

Last round I tried the KFC salted egg yolk chicken and like them! Chilli pan mee is a no no for me cos too spicy. So much food for the curry set. I cannot finish them.

Unknown said...

Feeling hungry after see the first image. :( , :)

Sara recent posted
Weight Loss Tips 2019

PH said...

I haven't tried the KFC salted egg yolk fried chicken but I had the regular one before Hari Raya. Somehow I don't enjoy it anymore...

Nux V said...

Rose World: KFC standard varies among outlets...some are just terrible which I could understand why your family dun fancy it. I dislike oily curry noodles too, for this one I dig out the noodles and leave the soup.

Mun: I m sure u will have a food container with u all the time ;-)

Asmah: thanks for the tips!

PH: I dun enjoy this version of fried chicken, I tink I will stick back to Ori...but that also depends on which outlet to go ;-)

Libby said...

Really very oily, the curry noodles.

I always go to the good old KFC for my fried chicken fix.

Pie in the Sky @ Skytropolis Genting Highlands

A pizza shop in Skytropolis. This is a hidden spot at the indoor theme park which no one notices, unless you happen to queue there for the r...