Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Ketupat Lanterns

 Went to IOI City again for a late dinner at Yoshinoya.
Ordered my usual fish katsu curry rice at RM16.80 nett…
It came with 2 pieces of fish katsu which I finished earlier...and left the curry rice.
I was playing with my food and thought this resembles yin yang pattern (or close to it) so I took a pic.
 I still have half an hour left before my one hour (parking) due...
Hence went for a short walk to enjoy the night lights...
These ketupat lanterns decorates the 'Symphony Walk' garden
 beautiful sights
 there were families and some youngster taking pictures and hanging around there despite a weekday evening.
 meanwhile, in the mall, there are no ketupats but these gigantic moorish dome lanterns
plain looking but something new...

8 comments:

Nancy Chan said...

Sounds like you were not very hungry. We call the rice with the curry "banjir" which means "flooded". I like the ketupat lanterns.

PH said...

Playing with your food? hah..hah... it does look like the yin yang pattern :)

Twilight Man said...

Your plate of Ying & Yang needs 2 dots. Could have used the carrots to dot it.

I like to eat rice soaked with gravy like this.

mun said...

The moorish dome lanterns - the bottom part looks like a shuttlecock. You are cutting down on eating rice too?

Libby said...

Yes, it looks like Yin Yang pattern, lol.

I like the night lights and the ketupat lanterns.

When I am much younger, I am crazy about Japanese curry, will always order Katsu Curry Rice when I eat at Japanese restaurants, but not anymore, my taste buds have change, cos now I feel Japanese curry is a bit too sweet and powdery for me.

Nux V said...

Nancy Chan: was feeling full after eaten the fish katsu.

PH: lol...I dun always play with my food ;-)

Twilight Man: aha...I forgot the dots!

Mun: ya wor...I didn't notice the shuttlecock shape until u mention it...Not cutting down on rice, am still eating as per normal basis ;-)

Libby: yea, some Japanese curry are sweet, cannot take too much!

Unknown said...

Same interest to walk at night and see the city lights. Great City IOI. Thanks
Sonia recent posted
Kashmir Places to Visit

Rose world said...

Lol on the yin yang.

St Michael, Barbados

During the weekdays, the driver would picked us (me & colleague) from the apartment at 8am daily. Sometimes he would use different route...