Monday, June 3, 2019

Not-so-happening week

Been busy lately due to a colleague who has been sick for more than 2 months...and my boss has reassigned some of her tasks to me :-(
Went to the nearby 'zhap fan' shop for a quick lunch and stumbled upon this soup...It is my first time eating green radish, which taste almost like the usual white radish.
i also had zongzi (that i ordered from a colleague) as my weekday lunch (on another day)
 the dissected zongzi -  the ingredient consists of salted egg yolk, pork, beans, shitake mushroom.
 sometimes, i had maggi mee and kacang putih (with murukku). The kacang putih were courtesy of the colleague who sells the zongzi.
One of my teammate has resigned and drop this on my desk while i was away (on leave)…
Such as sweet gesture from her!

9 comments:

mun said...

so nice of your ex coworker who put the parting gift on your table. why she use the words parting knowledge instead of sharing knowledge, not that you say bye bye to the knowledge after sharing it with her. of all the food you shared here, I want to eat your maggi mee followed by your zhongzi. I only know raw white lobak is green in colour.

PH said...

I bought zongzhi recently and it was terrible. Must always buy from a trusted source or will get cheated.

Rose world said...

I like that kind of zongzi.

Twilight Man said...

Wow! I really like that kind gesture of the colleague who left. I never had such compliments, so I guess I was a horrible superior! Muahahahaha

Nancy Chan said...

Green and red radish are new to me. I love zong zi. Now have to refrain from kacang putih and other hard food.

Nux V said...

Mun: The green lobak has harder skin with slightly different texture. I have no idea why she use the word 'parting' too...lol!

PH: hmm...trusted or not, we only know once we opened the zongzi...then it is too late liao! Sometimes is by luck, coz I bought 5, and 1 is undercooked.

Rose World: I like savoury zong.

Twilight Man: previously I had farewell cards/gifts (when I left my previous company)….Maybe for your case is just makan-makan.

Nancy Chan: I m still into kacang putih...despite getting sick!

Libby said...

So sweet of your colleague to leave her parting gift on your desk, I am sure you will miss her. The maggie mee looks good!

Libby said...

When I was in my 20s, I remembered there was once I resigned and was leaving the company soon, my colleagues gave me such a big bouquet of flowers that it covered almost my whole face, LOL!

Nux V said...

Libby: u must be very popular among ur colleagues back then ;-)

St Michael, Barbados

During the weekdays, the driver would picked us (me & colleague) from the apartment at 8am daily. Sometimes he would use different route...