Wednesday, February 20, 2019

A&EM Corner Saigon

I have been procrastinating on blogging about my 2016 HCMC trip that I totally forgotten about it...
Anyway, before I delete all these photos from the laptop, I might as well just put it up here for record keeping sake.
During the 4D3N trip, we stayed in this 'corner' hotel in District 1 which is the central urban district of Ho Chi Minh City.
 As it is located in the central area, the land are restricted and hence the hotel is not that spacious.
Nevertheless, it has a decent corner to chill out & a bar right next to the lobby at ground floor.
 it was quiet coz I took this photo way past midnite
 yea, wee hours in the morning (around 2-3am) when the cleaning were done.
 I stayed at somewhere 2nd or 3rd floor (thankfully!) coz the elevator sucks and most of the time I used the stairs to reach my floor. The elevator is small and slow, hence it is faster to use the stairs, although the stairs are somewhat narrow.
The downside of staying at low floors is that you have to bear with the traffic honks from the streets, but since we don't stay in the hotel most of the time, the noise were still bearable.
The 'Victorian style' room with comfy beds
 tastefully designed although the room is small
 the snack bar...*snacks/cup noodles are chargeable
 The rooms were well maintained and new, coz they were newly renovated about a month ago before our stay.
I like how everything was so in detailed. Even the bathroom door has a nice pattern on it!
Despite a small room, it can still fit a bathtub!
The bathroom is impressive
 here's the view in front of the hotel entrance...many street peddlers trying to sell stuffs to visitors/hotel guests....I dare not to step outside of the hotel entrance to avoid being pestered in buying stuffs. 
 Hence, we only wait for our bus at the lobby.
Below: lightings at the lobby
 As for the breakfast, I did not take much coz the cafeteria was crowded and I feel 'claustrophobic' in the small compound. Anyhow, they served delicious beef pho and various local dishes....Overall, breakfast was good.

6 comments:

mun said...

The bathtub looks like a jacuzzi. Did you soak in it using the jacuzzi functions?

Rose world said...

The room looked cozy and comfortable. Bath tub, I always like to soak and relax in Bath tub whenever I travel.

PH said...

The rooms look old fashioned but as long as it was comfortable, that's all that matters.

Libby said...

You are right, the room is very tastefully designed in Victoria style and has an European feel. I am going to Vietnam soon too for a 4D3N trip like you, but I am going Hanoi instead of HCMC. Looking forward to your other posts on your HCMC trip.

Libby said...

And I like the white colour finish of the room.

Nux V said...

Mun: we did not spend much time in the hotel, hence didn't try out the jacuzzi.

Rose World: me too, when there is enuff time for that.

Phong Hong: yes, comfortable.

Libby: Hanoi is a nice place too, I went there 8 years ago, but not for leisure. There are many great food around Hanoi.

Flying Fish @ Oistins, Barbados

Barbados is known as "the land of the flying fish" which is also a national symbol of the country. So, off we went to try this fis...