Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Shanghai, Day 1 - Part 1 (Morning)

tis is a wayyyyyy...........outdated post...Well, if u followed my blog in the past months, u'l notice that I mentioned a lil' abt my Shanghai trip back in April..
yea...that was almost FOUR months ago! I hav been procrastinating to upload my trip posts...
Anyhow, here's it..the continuation of the much delayed posts.

DAY 1
We (me & travelmates) touched down at Pudong International airport around 6 something in the morning. Weather was cooling in spring. We were given ample time to refresh ourselves at the airport after the custom clearance. I was pretty excited, as this was my first fully sponsored trip purely for holiday...100% relax & no job involvement at all.
There were 2 tour buses to cater for our big group. Despite that, each bus only occupied up to half....with many empty seats.
below: traffic rush everywhere on a beautiful Tuesday morning.
most Shanghai folks resides in apartments these days...a sign of property boom since 1990's
soon, we reached our first destination...that is...to have our breakfast..
but not without passing by these places
this square is a famous tourist spot as it is located next to the Yu Garden...foreigners and local Chinese tourist thronged here for leisure stroll
the crowd is lesser in the morning but as soon as we finished our breakfast...this place was crowded and happening...
we had a quick breakfast before our tour guide whisked us to the Yu Garden...
yea, u dun get to enjoy ur time when u r in a TOUR GROUP.
beautiful landscape..just like postcard...and not to mention, fresher air too!
this authentic Chinese garden is awesome with oriental landscape, ponds, curved bridge, Chinese hall with fengshui elements...
the only spoiler is that...
this place is so overcrowded
else, I could enjoy the serene nature in peace rather than hearing all sorts of yelling/screaming in microphones of some other tour guides in many kind of languages
We soon finished the walks in Yu Garden...and all of us dispersed for free & easy walk before we gather at the main entrance by 11am...Since it was still early, I loiter around and venture into the foodcourts located nearby...I will blog about it in my next post. (*Stay tuned!)
The next spot is meant for shopping enthusiast...however I don't find those goods fascinating....nor the prices are cheap...
so...I wander out of the mall...to the streets and enjoy the cool air
well...that mall isn't a huge one...it is similar to the Kotaraya version, a six-storey building, cater for tourist business since i dun see any locals shopping there. Most shops sell apparels and handbags, repetitive goods & patterns in every shop....and obviously all made in China.
soon...it was time for lunch. Despite the scrumptious breakfast earlier, all of us were quite hungry by noon due to the cold weather and much walking...
We had a ten-dishes-meal in a huge restaurant, seems lavish but it's nothing but the ordinary Chinese home dishes that fills our hungry stomach...Nothing to shout about, jst enuff to satisfy our hunger pang. For alcoholic fans, Tsingtao beer is served!

5 comments:

Happy walker said...

thanks for sharing, i never go to shanghai before, so duno much about it~ >.<

Regards,
(A Growing Teenager Diary)

mun said...

How nice to enjoy an incentive trip all fully paid! Your photos brought back memories for me - I was in Shanghai back in 2003 around Christmas and I remember walking around the square alone. It was my spouse business trip and I tagged along so I did my sightseeing alone while he was working. Can't wait to read about the rest of your trip. :)

RealGunners said...

Pointless to buy stuff at the designated places by the tour guides if possible, 90% probability to pay jacked up prices, the tour guides need to earn "side income" ma...

RealGunners said...

Pointless to buy stuff at the designated places by the tour guides if possible, 90% probability to pay jacked up prices, the tour guides need to earn "side income" ma...

Nux V said...

Happy Walker: u'r welcomed :-) spring is the best season to visit Shanghai as u'll get to see blossoming flowers and the weather is quite nice for outdoor walks.

Mun: thanks for dropping by :-) I think Shanghai has developed so much since a decade ago. A lot of skyscraper mushrooming & the infrastructure is way better than KL.

RealGunners: I m there for look-see and absorb the Shanghainese culture, and clearly not for shopping...Anyhow I dun mind them bringing us to shop for apparel or bags...It's just another window-shopping, and luckily we were not being pressured to buy items unlike those horrible stories tht I heard from friends who visited China last time.

Pie in the Sky @ Skytropolis Genting Highlands

A pizza shop in Skytropolis. This is a hidden spot at the indoor theme park which no one notices, unless you happen to queue there for the r...