Friday, March 15, 2024

Taberu @ Sri Petaling

A new shop in the neighborhood, opened 1st March. It is a self-service instant ramen shop where the customer has to cook their own ramen. The ramen rack is attached to the side wall. There is a freezer that stores the frozen meat ingredients where you can choose and charged accordingly. Very much like CU mart concept where you choose the ramen + ingredients and then pay at the cashier and DIY the cooking.
This shop opens till 11pm, so hungry late nite owls, especially the youngsters would patronize such place. This concept is popularized by K-drama where it is common to see the actor/actress hanging out at convenient stores eating instant ramen in some drama scenes.
I'm not into instant noodles, and even if I'm to cook one, i will do it at home when there's no other food option.
~~~~~~~~~~
[Below] Minced pork basil with rice from Thai Chala. I was so 'adventurous' to try out the spiciest level. And guess what? It was indeed super spicy till I cannot take it. Did not manage to finish the minced pork. It is crazily spicy to the extreme level๐Ÿ˜–
The price I paid for this torturing meal.
As I wanted to 'cool down' after the spicy meal, went to Starbucks to get an iced Frappuccino. I still have a RM30 Starbucks card with me, so just spend before i forget.
Ordered a grande java chip Frappucino without cream. I changed the whole milk to non-dairy soy milk, coz i'm lactose intolerant and easily get bloated.
Since I got remaining balance in the card, i 'takeaway' a minced basil chicken puff from the counter. This minced basil chicken puff is nothing like the one i had in Thai Chala. It doesn't taste spicy at all and the filling is more like those in Chinese siew pao๐Ÿ˜„. Tastewise OK, at least i can digest it without burning my lips & stomach.

6 comments:

mun said...

Where is the last photo taken? Looks very nice ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

mun said...

Thank you for the details about the shop. I wouldn't want to cook my own ramen there so don't think will be visiting that shop.

Nux V said...

Mun: the rooftop of the apartment where i usually take stunning kl view๐Ÿ˜‰

mun said...

Must be very expensive condo, cannot be just an apartment right? Since so luxurious so must be a luxury condo.

Nux V said...

Mun: i'm used to address any high rise residence as apartment, regardless of luxury or not, lol!

mun said...

Ah, ok. I didn't realise that pinnacle Sri petaling allows the public to go up to the rooftop.

Up To You Signature Kopitiam @ Sri Petaling

Growling stomach: Where to go for dinner today? Exhausted brain: I can't think much already, up to you lor.... OK, so i went to Up To Yo...