Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Thai Chala @ Sri Petaling

This place is usually crowded during the weekend and weekday evening.
So, instead of queuing during the peak hours, i went there on weekdays off peak hours.
Guarantee there will be empty tables for me to choose....
This restaurant is decorated in retro-theme with yesteryear appliances such as old radio, phone, tiffins and fan.
There are also pictures of the yesteryear Bangkok & the beloved Thai King Bhumibol.
The menu:
There is vegetarian options too.
During my first visit, I tried the pork leg rice. It was served on a stainless steel plate that looks like a tray. 
Decent portion of rice and pork leg. It came with braised hard boiled egg (cut into halves), pickled veggies and blanched kailan.
When I placed my order, I didn't realise that the pork leg rice has kailan, so i pandai-pandai add-on a plate of kangkung belacan to balance the meat intake. And I ended up having too much veggies.
I sprinkled some chili flakes on top of the kangkung for extra ummpph. The portion of the kangkung is meant for sharing, but since I was dining alone, I got to finish them alone and it felt like eating grass.
The pork leg rice tastes good, similar to those I had in Bangkok last time. A mixture of fats and tender meat, so it's quite balanced.
The bill came to RM40.05 for this extravagant dinner with lotsa fibre😂
~~~~~~~~~
During my second visit, I tried the minced pork basil rice. It was nicely executed. I opted for medium spicy so the spiciness is tolerable.
~~~~~~~~~
On the third visit, I had the moo-ping (Thai style grilled pork skewer)
and pad Thai
I noticed that the pad Thai has sugar on the side...with chili flakes and peanuts too.
It came with generous serving of cucumber sticks to balance out the greasiness.
It is vegetarian, so it tastes like bland char kuey teow without the meat/prawns.
The bill came to RM18.95 after service charge.
Overall the foods are OK, it is good that they have the option to specify the level of spiciness in the order chit.

2 comments:

mun said...

Ah, thank you for your review of the food there. I have or rather my spouse has tried the pork leg rice. Also tried sharing some dishes which are nice. Agree with you that can choose the level of spiciness is a good move on their part.

PH said...

Looks good the food especially the pork leg rice! I knew you would not have problem to sapu the extra dish LOL!

Up To You Signature Kopitiam @ Sri Petaling

Growling stomach: Where to go for dinner today? Exhausted brain: I can't think much already, up to you lor.... OK, so i went to Up To Yo...