Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Pao Xiang Bak Kut Teh @ Pinnacle Sri Petaling

Walked past this shop several times, it never cross my mind to try out their bak kut teh coz it isn't cheap.
Their BKT is slightly pricier than the usual and the portion is much smaller...
Well, that's the price to pay if you want to dine in a comfy environment with air-condition, marble dining tables and chairs, smoke-free shop and fancy interior decor😂
One day, I decided to try it for the sake of curiosity. Just to compare the taste with the usual KL version BKT to see if the price is justifiable. I ordered a pork belly meat, youtiao, and a plate of tofu with Thai chili sauce. All these are ala carte, so i have to order the rice separately.
Everything came in small bowls and plates, like kid's size portion. The only thing that have decent portion is the youtiao😂
The main dish - pork belly BKT has a mix of fatty and lean meats, so it is acceptable to me.
I couldn't recall if i see any option to have a mix of few parts like ribs, pork face, organs, etc in the same 'pot'. It is only one part per 'pot'.
Tastewise ok-la, just ordinary and nothing impressive except for the price.
The BKT soup tastes light (compared to the usual ones), not much herb taste, more like a diluted version of those BKT sold outside. 
Total bill came to RM42.90nett after service charge and tax.

5 comments:

mun said...

Hahahaha, I guess the soup is too little for you to taste it properly cos I wouldn't call the soup diluted with no herb taste unless u were served a different soup from the soup I got when I visit it.

Nux V said...

Mun: I went there around 7-8pm, so most likely they added water into the soup. It would be a wastage if they are to prepare a new batch of soup when it is near closing time. Tht's what i thought of🤔

PH said...

Hmmm... very pricey for such small portions. I think there is an outlet at 1U. Since you already tried and based on your review, I no need to try. LOL!

mun said...

Ya, you could be right because I usually go before 12 noon.

mun said...

I have tried the original 1st shop of Pao Xiang in Klang before it is a chain shop n that taste was good.

BBQ Barn @ Rockley, Barbados

One of the weekend we have to support users and the session ended around 11:50am. I was already hungry by then coz i woke up early and didn&...