Sunday, December 10, 2023

December Birthday 'Gifts' - Part 2

continuation of the free 'gifts' that i claimed for my birthday....
 4. Ole-Ole Bali
I heard about this place being so generous to treat anyone with an extravagant Nasi Campur meal (Balinese style) on their birthday. This has been around for quite some time but i never try it coz i was skeptical of such claim. After googling and watching some Youtube/TikTok videos, i finally believe that this is real. So, on my birthday, i purposely made a visit to Ole-Ole Bali in IOI City Mall to claim the free meal. This 'offer' is free to public, just need to show the IC to prove your birthdate.
The 'Nasi Campur' meal is worth RM44 in the menu!
[Below] Side view
[Below] Side view from another angle. The dishes include:
grilled lemongrass prawns, squid, fish, beef rendang, sate lilit, lawar kacang (beans salad), rempeyek (anchovy crackers), sambel terasi and sambel goreng.
It was a weekday and i went there around 4pm+ when the place was quite empty.
This place is nicely decorated with dim lights.
The ambience is like a 5-star Balinese resort....
Their decorations are so extensive with Balinese gong, bamboo lights, payung ('tedung Bali'), coconut husk hut, etc....which transform the corner into a mini Balinese resort.
I paid nothing at all for this wholesome dining experience. Just walk-in, eat and walk-out๐Ÿ˜†
Delicious dishes, my favorites are beef rendang, sate lilit and rempeyek. 
Kangkung, grilled squid and fish taste good too!
I wish to come back again on next year!
~~~~~~~~~~~
5. Baskin-Robbins free one junior scoop ice-cream
Lastly, the next free gift which i never fail to claim on every year is BR ice-cream!
this time i had the 'pistachio' flavor.
There are more gifts from various merchants but I'm contented enuff with these five๐Ÿ˜
~~~~~~~~~~~
Unrelated to the above, i also had a few rounds of BR ice-creams complimentary for Digi & Celcom subscribers. My entire family and I have both Digi & Celcom lines, so we had some ice-cream feast...
The complimentary one-scoop ice-cream is limited to 11k quota per day nationwide from 8th to 10th December and is claimable from 2pm till 4pm.
Here are what we had:
[Below] 'Cookies n Cream' flavor
My verdict: tastes like Oreo cookie with milky vanilla.
[Below] 'Jamoca Almond Fudge' flavor
My verdict: tastes like tiramisu. It has almonds, so there's some crunch.
[Below] 'Caramel Praline Cheesecake' flavor
My verdict: tastes like caramel, milky, but can't taste any cheesecake, sweetest compared to the rest.
cheers!
The queue around 2pm++ on a Saturday, in Pinnacle mall.
So far, I have tried quite a few flavors (from previous years until today), and here are my favorites from most to least:
Macadamia Nuts 'n Cream
Pistachio
Cookies n Cream
Jamoca Almond Fudge
Chocolate Chip
Caramel Praline Cheesecake
From the above, you'll notice that i prefer nuts and some crunch for my ice-cream๐Ÿ˜‹
~~~~~~~~~~~
Here's my simple birthday cake from annoying sister.
A small size cheesecake from Berry's (RM28)๐Ÿ˜‚

2 comments:

PH said...

You are so clever to claim all these birthday gifts! I must look out for such things and claim for my birthday next year LOL! I have been to Ole Ole Bali in KL. The food is good and the portions are generous.

And oh, Happy Birthday :)

mun said...

Happy birthday to you! Wah, rm44 worth of free food. Looks very tasty too! Wah, I want to eat all the flavours of BR ice cream that you have tried.

Grand Harbour Restaurant, Pavilion Bukit Jalil

Early this year, I attended an ex-colleague wedding at Grand Harbour Restaurant, Pavilion BJ. The dishes were OK, quite standard for a typic...