Tuesday, December 5, 2023

7-Eleven Cafe, hawker foods and Baker's Cottage egg tarts

Tried out foods in 7-Eleven cafe. These days this convenience store is getting competitive too with having more warm food options. Many years ago, there is no such 'cafe' and the usual 7-Eleven only have slurpee and frozen pre-packed meals, but nowadays they even have dine-in section like Family Mart or CU.
I bought a box of aglio olio with prawn spaghetti (RM8) and a chicken ham french toast (RM6 or 8, can't recall).
The staff reheated them for me after payment is made.
The aglio olio spaghetti is still al dente despite being reheated after taken out from the fridge.
It is flavorful despite plain looking. The prawns are fresh and bouncy too. Worth buying.
French toast with chicken ham is just so-so, nothing special, but is quite filling.
On another day, i tried their Homesoy melon soybean ice-cream. Tastes artificial. I prefer they sell the original soybean flavor.
They also have onigiri...
I have previously tried onigiri from Family Mart and CU. Let's see how this fares....
Tastewise and texture on par. I wish they put in more chicken fillings.
~~~~~~
[Below] Usual hawker food 'pan mee' in soup. These days a bowl of pan mee costs RM8.
Claypot lou shi fun with raw egg on top😬
Do u dare to eat?
~~~~~~
Passed by Baker's Cottage one day and decided to get myself a box of Portuguese egg tarts.
RM11 nett for 4 pieces. Great deal.
so yummy, definitely will buy this again😋

2 comments:

mun said...

Ah, now I need to find a baker cottage to buy these egg tarts. No, I don't dare to eat raw egg.

PH said...

There is a 7-Eleven Cafe at Damansara Uptown and I never stepped in LOL! There is also a Baker's Cottage in my area. Maybe I must go check out their Portuguese Egg Tarts.

Grand Harbour Restaurant, Pavilion Bukit Jalil

Early this year, I attended an ex-colleague wedding at Grand Harbour Restaurant, Pavilion BJ. The dishes were OK, quite standard for a typic...