Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Raya Open House 2023

I was invited by a colleague to visit her house during the Syawal month. The Muslim celebrates the Eid during the entire Syawal, hence she organised an open house on the 29th April, which is a Saturday.
It was a gathering of the ex and current colleagues at her house. Such a merry situation.
Upon arriving, we were greeted with a huge variety of kuih raya, snacks and cookies at the living room. I like the rempeyek the most.
We later adjourned for our lunch at the nearby dining table. She cooked 3 types of food - Laksa Johor, Nasi Tomato and Pulut Kuning. The dishes were ready on the table even before we arrived.
The ayam masak merah to be eaten with nasi tomato.
[Below] Papadam (crackers) and jelatah (cucumber, pineapple salad) for the nasi tomato.
Here is what it looks like after 'assembling' the nasi tomato with the chicken and the 'condiments'.
Next, is the Laksa Johor.
A tray with the ingredients were ready for us to pick. Just pick everything and dump onto the plate.
Here's my plate of Laksa Johor.
It was a great meal, I enjoyed all the foods as she is an excellent cook.
Hopefully I will get invited to her house again on next yearπŸ˜€

4 comments:

Stacy said...

I recently only know this word 'jelatah' - used to just call it 'acar'.

Not bad, all home-cooked.

mun said...

Wow! Your colleague is such a good and skillful cook. All the dishes are delicious and mouth watering πŸ€€πŸ€€πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹

PH said...

Your colleague is very capable and a very good cook too to be able to cook for so many people. I have never tried laksa Johor but I am sure I will like it.

Rose world said...

I love such gathering!! That was quite a spread of food on the table. She sure can cook!?

Up To You Signature Kopitiam @ Sri Petaling

Growling stomach: Where to go for dinner today? Exhausted brain: I can't think much already, up to you lor.... OK, so i went to Up To Yo...