Thursday, April 7, 2022

Min Chee Wanton Noodles @ Ipoh Stadium

On the way back from my recent company trip in Penang, me & colleagues made a stop in Ipoh for makan makan and to buy some local delicacies.
One of the places we went for food is the famous Ipoh stadium foodcourt.
I tried the wanton noodles from Min Chee stall.
Ordered a small portion, which is enuff for a small eater. But since we were there to try out other food, i don't mind the small portion. Didn't notice any veggie in it but it has a few slices of charsiew (bbq pork), and it came with a bowl of soup with wantons. Tastewise not bad, springy noodles and succulent wantons. Definitely a comfort food. Standard-wise, it fares better than the wanton noodles in KL, taste and texture hit the spot.
Me and colleagues also shared this plate of fruit rojak ordered from another stall nearby Min Chee....quite nice with caramelized dark sauce & crushed peanuts...It has been some time since my last fruit rojak.
From the same stall (as the fruit rojak), we also ordered a small plate of 'sotong kangkung'...
But strangely, their version is without dark sauce, but instead using peanut sauce (similar to satay sauce). 
I would rather prefer them to use the dark sauce as the fruit rojak. Thumbs down for this.
After done with buying local delicacies, we went for our final dessert...toufufa at Lai Kee Soy shop, which is situated nearby the famous Lou Wong chicken rice shop.
This shop is slightly hidden as it is not located at the main road as Funny Mountain.
There are basically 2 flavors - toufufa in either ginger syrup or palm sugar syrup. I choose the latter. 
silky smooth toufufa....yummmzzz😋

6 comments:

mun said...

Thank you for the food review. I wonder when I can go visit Ipoh. Tofufa is always nice to eat in hot weather.

Nancy Chan said...

I prefer the ginger syrup for the taufufa. Hmm..its been a long time since I last ate taufufa.

Rose world said...

That was generous spreading of crushed peanuts on rojak. I like that. Oh, first time see a not black version of sotong kangkong.

Mbul Kecil said...

wow...looks so yummy

i like fruit rojak with peanut spicy sambal

but sotong kangkung is a new for me. Your dish make feel hungry ^^

Twilight Man said...

I went to Ipoh many times but the folks there never brought me to this stadium area at all. I must go and try.

Stacy said...

The sotong kangkung doesn't look that legit.

I'm raring to go to Ipoh for food...

Pie in the Sky @ Skytropolis Genting Highlands

A pizza shop in Skytropolis. This is a hidden spot at the indoor theme park which no one notices, unless you happen to queue there for the r...