Thursday, March 31, 2022

Foodpanda Delivery - Subway & Lou Kai Fong

Subway
I made use of the 'Hightea' evoucher to try out food that i usually don't get at cheaper price...one of it is Subway. Without discount, the Subway is quite pricey. The last round i had Subway was during their RM6.90 daily promotion which was....hmmm...a decade ago(?)
Back then it was 'Sub of the day' which i did not get to choose the flavor as it rotates with different days.
This time, I ordered a 'Steak & Cheese' and a 'Chicken Teriyaki' to share with my elderlies.
Total price for both is RM15.79 inclusive of delivery...which came to roughly RM8 per sandwich.
Tastewise OK, but for such price, my 'young at heart mum' would prefer to have Mozza burger instead😀

Lou Kai Fong
Meanwhile, on another day, I decided to try on a restaurant in the recommended list....it is 'Lou Kai Fong' (at Old Klang Road)...
It has a free delivery despite located some 6km away. Hence i made good use of the 'free delivery' and 'hightea' evoucher to order these:
Cantonese yinyong noodles, sweet & sour pork rice and kamheong chicken rice
The sweet & sour pork rice looks nice but the pork is too fatty....my mum disapproved😠
kamheong rice is super flavorful, the taste is not bad....but there is too little meat in it....such a rip-off !
the only thing nice is the yinyong noodles, which has a decent gravy with pork slices and 2 pieces of fresh prawns....
Total price for all the above is RM16.25nett (inclusive of delivery)
Hence, averagely each set is about RM5.42
Well, can't complaint much with such price....for sure there are some hit & misses

Not goin to order from Lou Kai Fong again, at least we've tried once.

4 comments:

mun said...

Wah, the Lou Kai Fong discount is so much! The app didn't recommend this eatery to me, let me go search for it. Thanks for the review. Subway is good if want to eat raw vegetables. Time for me to buy them again but I have been putting it off because only I eat subway in this household so have to wait till I got space to eat them before buying them.

Nancy Chan said...

So far no opportunity to try anything from Subway. I love anything with kam heong.

PH said...

I love Subway! There used to be an outlet very near my office but sudah tutup. yeah, last time the had the Sub of the day which was very good deal. Too bad the rice dishes had pork that was too fatty and too little meat. The restaurant shouldn't short change customers like that.

Stacy said...

Subway, I like the cookies.

Flying Fish @ Oistins, Barbados

Barbados is known as "the land of the flying fish" which is also a national symbol of the country. So, off we went to try this fis...