Tuesday, March 8, 2022

BananaBro @ Sri Petaling

My last banana leaf meal was sometime end of 2020 during the ease of lockdown, before it MCO again the following months.
That would probably almost 1.5 years ago...hence this round i made up for the 'loss'...I had a feast!
kinda overordered coz i wanted to try out every dish in this outlet...
I had Gobi65 (RM6.90) which is sort of deep fried cauliflower coated in spices. This portion is good for sharing, though i can wallop all by myself😀
i also craved for chicken varuval (RM7.90)
Heavily spiced and cooked with lotsa dried chilies and soaked in oil....It doesn't taste as spicy when eat but the after-effect comes after that....*stomachache the following day~
but this dish was a good one! i don't mind ordering it again the next time (despite the aftermath)
I had a huge portion of everything from the side dishes to the rice and papadam!
The basic banana leaf rice meal (RM8.90) consists of only 3 veggie dishes - Jeera Aloo (spiced potatoes), cucumber salad and deep fried bitter gourd. You can request for refill even on papadam and rice/curries.
As for the curry gravy, i opted for all! so it is a mix of chicken curry, fish curry, dhal and crab curry gravy😁
how greedy i m!
this meal lasted the whole day...it was my lunch cum dinner 
total damage is RM27.50 nett (after 10% service charge and 6% SST)
a satisfying meal and i will definitely be coming here again.

9 comments:

Diana Diane Teo said...

The banana leaf rice meal looks so good and yummy, especially the deep fried cauliflower and chicken varuval which make me want to try them too. Believe it or not, until now I have yet to try any banana leaf rice meal. Hopefully someday

mun said...

Wah, same like you, it has almost been 2 years since I last dined in there. Must be nice for you to dine in there now. So satisfying to eat all those. Hope you are feeling all better now from the aftermath. 🤞🙂

Rose world said...

The last time I have a real banana left rice was before MCO. Did order food delivery for banana leaf last year but somehow, going out and dine in a real restaurant for it sounds more authentic. Lol

Jeevan said...

This entire meal looks yummy. I love banana leaf meals, whether from restaurants or at social gatherings, particularly weddings. We have lunch on a banana leaf once a month, but it was difficult for me because I am more used to plates for comfort.

Tekkaus said...

Everything here looks so heavenly especially the chicken varuval. :D

PH said...

Eh, I thought I left a comment here last evening. Maybe I forgot to click publish. I mentioned that I thought I was reading my own blog judging from the amount of food ordered! You can challenge me hwen it comes to eating. LOL!

Nancy Chan said...

Recently I was treated to a banana leaf lunch but the photos I took were not complete i.e. I missed taking photo of the food we ate.

Nancy Chan said...

Your banana leaf lunch looks delicious. Sometimes I tend to over order too especially when I see that the food all looks good. I can easily finish what you have ordered when I was younger but now that amount will be good for hubby and I to share.

Stacy said...

Oh my this does look good. Come to think of it, hardly have any banana leaf outlets in the areas I frequent. Mamak shops are way more common.

Flying Fish @ Oistins, Barbados

Barbados is known as "the land of the flying fish" which is also a national symbol of the country. So, off we went to try this fis...