Friday, April 2, 2021

Kiraku Ala Carte Buffet @ Cyberjaya

Had team dinner on 19 March in this Japanese restaurant located at Shaftsbury Square, Cyberjaya.
We booked a dining room for 13 pax and were seated in the largest room located at the far end corner of the restaurant.
It is an ala-carte buffet where the patrons order the food on ala-carte basis, instead of having a buffet spread at stations.
Here are some of the food that i ordered:
Sashimi
Soft shell crab rice roll 'temaki'
gyoza
unagi rice in bowl
some sort of tempuras....forgot lio....
prawn tempuras
grilled salmon fish head
and another round of sashimi platter
We replenished our orders while eating....The menu is extensive but be prepared to wait long for huge orders.
There are free-flow ice-cream (limited flavors), green tea and fruits at the counters in the common area.
Overall food is OK, but the service was slow due to understaff and the far distance from our dining room to the kitchen. Besides, it was a Friday evening with lotsa customers and some event hosted by a group of people from another company. Despite the pre-order (I did my order before reaching), the chef will only prepare the food when I reached.
I reached there about 7pm but only got my food served by 8pm....
My other 2 colleagues waited so long only to realise that theirs were missed/left out. They re-ordered on the spot and waited for another hour.
We were there until the restaurant closes at 10.
Pricewise around RM100++. I would prefer Jogoya over this for such price.

7 comments:

mun said...

13 pax but u only mentioned yourself and two other friends. How about the other ten persons? How long did they wait for their food? Wow! U sure can eat a lot of sashimi! 😋😋😋Ah, speaking of jogoya, are they still around? I bought their lifetime membership card when they just opened for business in kl. Now, dunno where I put that card d cos never been there since 2006.

Nancy Chan said...

Yummy spread. For me, I only know how to enjoy cooked food.

PH said...

Aiyo...the wait is too long. Pros and cons of ala carte buffet. The good part is the food is freshly prepared but have to wait. I am craving for Japanese food after seeing this!

Tekkaus said...

This makes me crave for sashimi. :D

Rose world said...

I like this kind of buffet!!! I miss Japanese cuisine so much now.

Libby said...

Wow you guys were in the restaurant for a whole three hours!

Stacy said...

So many makan sessions already since you started back in the office!

Oh the wait is too long. Luckily you weren't in a hurry else the buffet concept would be wasted. Just ask for the whole slab of fish if they're too busy to slice for you hehe.

Up To You Signature Kopitiam @ Sri Petaling

Growling stomach: Where to go for dinner today? Exhausted brain: I can't think much already, up to you lor.... OK, so i went to Up To Yo...