Monday, September 28, 2020

Ming Yue Mooncakes

Annoying sis bought this from Ipoh Ming Yue confectionery...
Each of these mooncakes costs less than RM10.
3 lotus paste and 1 pandan lotus paste
I prefer the one with pandan as it is more fragrant.
The packaging box below....simple and old school...
not those fancy boxes that we see for the well known brands
She also bought a Shanghai mooncake...which is my fav mooncake of all time!
but the crust crumbled when i cut it...We can't keep the mooncake until the actual mid-autumn festival day coz these are baked without preservatives. We finished the mooncakes within a week.
Overall taste OK, but too sweet for my taste bud.
Meanwhile, i went to try on KFC fried durian balls....out of curiousity
Bought 3 balls for RM4.50 nett
The balls are like durian mochi with deep fried outer layer. They used D24 as the filling...Tastewise not bad, worth trying if u like deep fried mochi.
BON APPETIT!

9 comments:

mun said...

Hehehehe, both of us like durian so we like the durian mochi balls. They did a good job creating this product. Did your sister go to Ipoh to buy those ming yue mooncakes? I went to Ipoh to buy those mooncakes in year 2014. Hehehehe, what a coincidence, we both write about durian mochi balls. 😊

Tekkaus said...

Wow durian ball? I want to try them. :D

PH said...

Aiks! I see durian balls again! LOL! Just saw them on Mun's blog :) Those mooncakes that come in fancy pretty containers are more expensive. I love the pandan flavor ones.

Rose world said...

I like mochi but not with durian. Lol.

Went to KFC last Sunday but I did not buy it to try.

I dont like Shanghai mooncake because of the crumbs. Lol. I like the traditional mooncake and snowskin.

Nux V said...

Mun: yes, she went to Ipoh to buy them.

Tekkaus: go try it out while stock lasts.

PH: yea, more expensive with fancy box/containers.

Rose world: I like snowskin mooncakes too!

Nancy Chan said...

I like Ming Yue's nuts mooncakes, nice and cheap but I hate the queue so I stopped going there.

Libby said...

I had finished eating the mooncake that my sis gave us, so sweet!

Nux V said...

Nancy Chan: yea, long queue when things are nice & cheap!

Libby: so fast finished?! must be very tasty.

Twilight Man said...

I also bought these mooncakes from Ipoh. The queue was long and the wait was 2 hours! Horrors!

St Michael, Barbados

During the weekdays, the driver would picked us (me & colleague) from the apartment at 8am daily. Sometimes he would use different route...