Sunday, September 13, 2020

Penang White Curry

When the 'Penang White Curry' instant noodle was firstly introduced, everyone seems crazy about it and wanted to get one to try.
It was RM7 for 4 packets (MyKuali brand).
Hardly available in KL, though finally we managed to get it after a few months.
I seldom see MyKuali brand these days too....but there is another option, which is Ibumie, and is just as good.
Bought this from the neighbourhood AEON Big supermarket after watching some YouTube review....claiming that it is one of the best instant noodles in the world....Somehow reminds me that it has been some time (more than 5 years) since my last 'taste' of Penang White Curry.
A pack of 4 sold at RM5.90 (promotional price)
Here's how it looks like...
There are 3 sachets inside each packet of noodles - the seasonings, sambal paste and creamer (in powder form)
The soup looks creamy and thick, just like what you get in curry noodles sold in stalls/restaurant.
It can simply disguised as 'restaurant level' noodles by adding other ingredients such as taupok, long beans, prawns, cockles and beansprout.
But yours truly prefer it simple with just a soft boiled egg.
After then can still have teatime with crackers and fav peanut butter biscuit.
BON APPETIT!

7 comments:

mun said...

I love to eat all types of instant noodles so yummy yum yums! But well cooked egg yolks for me. Ah, I see you like to eat these types of biscuits.

Tekkaus said...

Yupe. Everyone was so crazy about it back then. :D

Rose world said...

I was more curious that time. Tasted it, and that is it. Haha.

Libby said...

Oh mine i love the look of that egg, so runny.

PH said...

That's how my dorm mates used to eat instant noodles, just with egg. Plain and simple and yet so good hah...hah...

Nancy Chan said...

I was one of those crazy over the white curry instant noodle. Tasted and now no more crazy. Used to love instant noodles, now hardly eat.

Nux V said...

Mun: lolx, I like Julie's peanut butter biscuit the most!

Tekkaus: I guess the product was overhyped!

Rose world: me too....just curious. Bought once, tasted and then forgotten about it for the next 5 years...until recently!

Libby: yay, high 5! so I guess u like those soft boiled egg in Japanese ramen too, rite?

PH: oh....yesteryears....Surprisingly I don't eat instant noodles during those days when i was a student...

Nancy Chan: yea, nowadays better eat lesser instant noodles coz not a healthy food.

Pie in the Sky @ Skytropolis Genting Highlands

A pizza shop in Skytropolis. This is a hidden spot at the indoor theme park which no one notices, unless you happen to queue there for the r...