Thursday, September 17, 2020

2nd Outing to Genting Highlands

This was my second outing up the hill during RMCO.
Nice weather on a Friday morning (4 Sept)...
The photo below was taken from MRR2 nearby Ampang
 within less than half an hour, we've reached the foothill of Genting...
the greenery is so soothing to the eyes.
 As usual, it was cooling & misty at the hilltop.
 Nice stroll along the top floor open air verandah, not many people as it was a weekday.
 The famous Harry Ramsden fish & chips restaurant, which was quite empty too.
Can't enjoy the breathtaking view from atop due to the fog
On a clear day, u'll be able to see the cable car and the outdoor theme park from here
but at least I can get fresh & cooling air
 with some drizzling rain...
 meanwhile back to the indoor....it was so 'lively' with colorful lights from LED screens and theme park.
No longer feel excited on such rides. My last roller coaster ride was more than 10 years ago in HK Ocean Park...after then I have 'retired' from taking any thrilling ride....Too scary for yours truly.
 so, I can only enjoyed the LED screens...lolx!
well, this outing was unplanned due to a last minute invitation for a free buffet....
stay tuned for more foodie pictures...

6 comments:

PH said...

I love the air up there but not been up the hill for ages. No roller coaster for me too, I am too scared. LOL! Did you try the fish & chips? The name sounds so atas.

mun said...

Free buffet I also want. Harry Ramsden fish and chips are best when I ate them in uk. Thanks for letting us know that it is in genting now. I didn't know about that. Only knew about the burgers and lobsters which is I think also from UK but I have not eaten them in uk before.

Tekkaus said...

If only I could go there on weekday too. :D

Nancy Chan said...

Its been a few years when I was there. At that time there was some renovation work going out and that was not much to see. But I do enjoy the cold fresh air.

Rose world said...

So nice to go up the hill and enjoy the cool temperature. I would still like to go for such ride if given the chance. Haha.

Libby said...

I wish i could visit genting now. I so miss malaysia!

St Michael, Barbados

During the weekdays, the driver would picked us (me & colleague) from the apartment at 8am daily. Sometimes he would use different route...