Wednesday, October 2, 2019

My Humble Meal & Some Mishaps

During the weekend i would sometimes prepare my own meal with leftover stuffs in the fridge or some cheap stuffs i bought from the supermarket...
I bought a pack of okra @RM1.90 which consists of 21 sticks (pieces).
The easiest way to prepare is to boil them and add seasonings...I added oyster sauce, fried shallots (with some oil) and soy sauce...It taste decently good and look 'harmless', but.....
i had a terrible food poisoning after that...in less than 3 hours, my stomach was 'spinning' like a washing machine...I felt nausea and vomited out everything at 6am the following day...
It never happened to me before and i wonder if the okra are poisonous (due to excessive pesticide?)
Anyway, one good thing is that i m lighter by 3kg after that incident but i have banned okra from my dishes (at least for the time being).
On another day, when my appetite has got better, i tried to have spinach, fried chicken and fried egg (with sambal sauce) for my dinner. Took these to the office microwave to reheat...
but....in less than one minute (around 30++ seconds), there were smoke coming out from the microwave and i thought that my food were burnt....
Well, the food wasn't warm, instead there was something faulty in the microwave...Oh shit, did i just spoilt that thing? ~~~
Anyway, i think i would just stick back to my good ol' Maggi mee….
yea, this is my typical instant noodles with yellow green yellow green siu mai and a soft-boiled egg.
I enjoyed poking at the yolk and let it flow out.
BON APPETIT!

7 comments:

PH said...

Oh dear. I am so sorry to hear about the terrible food poisoning. Glad that you recovered.

mun said...

Did you eat the whole plate of okra by yourself? if yes, maybe the amount is too much. Glad that you are all well now. Was the microwave usable after that? Don't think it is your fault.

Rose world said...

That is how I do my okra at house except I just add oyster sauce and fried shallot with oil.

Twilight Man said...

I am allergic to Okra which could sometimes trigger rashes. I think you ate too much! LOLOL

Nancy Chan said...

Sorry about the food poisoning and micro oven mishap. Hope the oven is not spoilt? Sometimes we don't know where we get the poisoning from and mishaps do happen. Good thing that you are well and lighter now. Lol!

Libby said...

Sorry to learn about your food poisoning, glad to hear you are better now.

xzvzx said...

xzvzx

Up To You Signature Kopitiam @ Sri Petaling

Growling stomach: Where to go for dinner today? Exhausted brain: I can't think much already, up to you lor.... OK, so i went to Up To Yo...