Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Late Lunch @ Madam Kwan's

Decided to have my late lunch at Madam Kwan's on one fine evening...
I ordered a plate of Kangkong belacan (RM18.90) coz I missed this dish so much....I remember it used to be superbly aromatic & flavorful with lotsa belacan, but not anymore
Curry noodles (RM18.90) was just so-so...it has prawns, a few slices of chicken, eggplant, long bean, and taupok. The curry gravy is thick with santan, but not spicy.
The last time I went to this place was some 5-6 years ago...
Every now and then, there was a queue outside whenever I passed by, especially during lunch/dinner hours, hence I have totally abandon this place as my dining choice.
But that evening was exceptional coz it was an odd hour for a meal (somewhere 4pm), and the place was so empty...just a couple seating nearby (hehe, sorry I dun intend to stalk them!)
The food quality has dropped, and i guess that would be my final visit to Madam Kwan's.
Total price for this meal: RM37.80 nett

4 comments:

PH said...

I've been to the one at 1 Utama and I find the food just OK only. Quite pricey too, so I have not been back.

Libby said...

A pity that the food quality has dropped so they have lost a customer.

mun said...

Only one item is worth ordering in Madam Kwan and that is nasi bojari, imho la.

Nux V said...

PH: yea pricey, and this would be my final visit.

Libby: they still have lotsa customers.

Mun: I tried nasi bojari before, it was quite nice, but not sure about now.

D'Nats Sri Petaling

D'Nats First time trying D'Nats despite this stall has been around for quite some time. It is an established Malay warung that sells...