Monday, September 30, 2019

Peranakan Place, IOI City Mall

 The 'once-in-a-blue-moon' colleague bonding time took place at Peranakan Place on last week.
My partner-in-crime invited me and her few other teammates for a lunch coz she missed 'our good times'...lol!
We no longer sitting in the same block hence, we dun usually go for lunch or see each other that often.
This restaurant has a huge display of tiffin containers....yea, colourful Peranakan tiffins! 
these are for sale...but I'm not so much into tiffins, so I did not check out the price.
 
the empty dining area, seems like business is not so good
 the floor tiles
reminds me of those seen in Jonker walk pre-war shops
here's what we had:
Pandan rice with ayam berempah (RM15.90++)
Fried rice with ayam berempah (RM15.90++)
and I had Pandan rice with beef rendang (RM16.90++)
these came with a free drink, either barley or cincau…
The free drink is only available during weekday lunch hour (1-3pm)
service tax & service charges applied to each item, hence my beef rendang rice is RM19.62 after added these charges.

4 comments:

Libby said...

I love peranakan food!

Twilight Man said...

I am eyeing at the tiffin carriers! I learnt that most of these antique tiffin carrier were made in Czechoslovakia and are sold at RM300-400 each today at the antique shops. Nyonya food is always appetizing. Bring on!

PH said...

I hope that the food was as good as it looks!

mun said...

Food looks good! I will order the beef rendang nasi too.

St Michael, Barbados

During the weekdays, the driver would picked us (me & colleague) from the apartment at 8am daily. Sometimes he would use different route...