Monday, July 15, 2019

First Time Attending Raya Open House after the Syawal Month...

Yes, u read it right. I went to the Raya open house which was organised by the Seputeh MP...a few days after the Syawal month ended.
The Seputeh MP is also the Minister of Primary Industries, hence there are banners of 'advertising' the palm oil.
 Anyway, since the 'Raya' mood was still on (despite no longer in Syawal month)...I happily joined in the occasion for the....ahemmm….free food.
why not? got free food like satays and briyani....
but it was a long queue...
 there were separate counters for each food type...yours truly had to queue several times just to savour a lil' of this and that
The food was just kinda plain....probably becoz it was FOC and u dun expect much quality in it.
Fried noodles
 
Rojak Pasembur
Cendol
 Ice-cream
there were popcorns too...it was good, but can't eat much
I did not queue for the 'apam balik' coz was too full...Other than that, I tink I have covered most of the foods served there.
This would be my first & last time of attending such 'public' open house, as I dun enjoy the long queue...also due to the food was not up-to-par coz of the massive food preparation where standard is compromised.
It could have been managed better with better crowd management and speedier/efficient food preparation.

5 comments:

Rose world said...

I have never go to any open house organised by a MP. Usually many people, so crowded. I dont like that. Hard to find parking and have to squeeze with people.

Libby said...

You don't need to pay for entrance to such open house? So good. But then sure long queue and crowded since it is free.

mun said...

wah, you are so gungho to go and celebrate with the mp. I saw the banner but I didn't go because I was scared of the crowd.

PH said...

Free food mah...don't complain hee..hee.... I have never been to such events. I have a cousin who likes to go to such open house with his family for this kind of free makan. At least you got to experience what it is like.

Nancy Chan said...

I attended once many years ago. Open house by one of our MB. The crowd was massive and very disorderly. After that experience I have never attended another public open house except those organised by my former colleagues.

Up To You Signature Kopitiam @ Sri Petaling

Growling stomach: Where to go for dinner today? Exhausted brain: I can't think much already, up to you lor.... OK, so i went to Up To Yo...