Sunday, June 30, 2024

Grantley Adams International Airport, Barbados

This airport does not have a proper entrance. The check-in counters and the visitors waiting area are located outdoor with just a roof above it. I wonder how chaotic it would be when it rains (or hurricane).
The foyer....quite warm when the weather is hot.
Luckily the weather was nice on my departure day.
There are a few shops selling souvenirs and their famous rums & rum cakes. The shops are located nearby the departure hall which is indoor and fully air-conditioned, thus it is much cooler.
Rums....plenty of rums...
Nope, i did not buy, too heavy to carry and not fond of alcoholic drinks.

5 comments:

Rajani Rehana said...

Great blog

mun said...

I am interested in their famous rums & rum cakes. Are the cakes expensive?

PH said...

If there is one souvenir to buy, I would get a bottle of rum hee..hee... Not that I am much of a drinker but rum is very useful when making Tiramisu.

Lotus said...

Thanks for sharing about this airport. My buddy's younger sister loves alcoholic drinks, so whenever my buddy and I go overseas and come back, she would buy wine from the duty free shop for her sister. I don't drink alcohol though.

Nux V said...

Rajani: thanks!

Mun: Around USD8 for a small box of rum cake (200g). Slightly expensive (by 1-2 USD) if buy from the airport.

PH: I think you will like the rum cake too.

Lotus: Your buddy younger sister is also like my friend who never miss any chance to get liquor from the duty free shop.

Chicken Rice Stall in Good Morning Cafe

There is a makeshift structure built at the open space carpark in the neighborhood commercial area, right next to the Telekom building and o...