Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Lunch @ Maulana Sri Serdang

I was undecisive on what to eat for lunch during my 'work-in-office-day', so I went out to Sri Serdang to look see around.
Ended up at Maulana...which is a famous mamak/nasi kandar chain restaurant.
I had....
 briyani rice soaked in curries, an omelette, some deep fried bitter gourds and a pack of papadam.
It was a super heavy meal for lunch.
This costs RM9, despite a meatless meal.
Nevertheless i'm contented coz it is once-in-a-blue-moon that i get to enjoy a heavy meal.
The dishes were OK...but i will not take the omelette again coz it is mixed with flour and the texture more like korean pancake (pajeon).
Nearby the shop, there is a huge stall selling the 'goreng goreng' deep fried snacks.
I bought 3 pieces of banana fritter and 2 pieces of lekor for RM2.
There is also a Chatto shop around the vicinity. So i bought a small cup of bubble milk tea. The price is slightly higher than Tealive or Black Whale. This small cup costs RM10.90 (somewhere around there).
(Below) Saw these decorative items from an eatery shop around the Serdang area....How many of you are still keeping these yesteryears appliances and furniture?
So nostalgic!

3 comments:

Nancy Chan said...

I love to have papadam and fried bitter gourd whenever they are available. Recently I bought a packet of fried lekor but it was a bit hard for my teeth. I am still using the old fashioned sewing machine.

Rose world said...

Britain rice is super filling, I usually finding it hard to finish it when I have one. There is one GPC nearby, opened few months ago but I never buy. It is at the roadside of a busy street and with the fritters not covered with concern of dust etc, I am not tempting to stop and buy. Lol.

mun said...

Omelette shouldn't have flour inside cos it is not a pancake. Very satisfying lunch. Can eat puas puas. After that sleepy or not in the office? I always like to eat these deep fried stuffs. More than one month didn't eat. I have eaten salmon from chatto but haven't tried their drinks yet. No, don't have these antique appliances.

Up To You Signature Kopitiam @ Sri Petaling

Growling stomach: Where to go for dinner today? Exhausted brain: I can't think much already, up to you lor.... OK, so i went to Up To Yo...